This harissa falafel recipe is spiced with rose harissa & aleppo chilli flakes. Serve with roasted vegetables & cucumber yoghurt for a delicious meal!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Hey peeps! How's your weekends? I spent today watching my dad running a half marathon. I really love watching those kind of events, I get supremely into cheering crazily for strangers.
We used to go and watch the London Marathon a lot when I was younger and now my dad is actually going to be running it this year so I'll actually have someone to cheer for!
So now I'm just hanging out and watching Grey's Anatomy (I've been watching all the way from the beginning AGAIN, I love it so much) and waiting for Will to come home so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to share this harissa falafel with you all.
Will's sister bought us loads of tasty ingredients for Christmas and one of those was rose harissa.
I've long been a fan of harissa, it's so delicious and gives things such a great spiciness. So when we decided to make falafel one night for dinner, it seemed like the perfect thing to add a little harissa. And it was great.
Plus we served it with loads of other excellent things which you definitely should too. There's roasted peppers and tomatoes and red onion. Black olives and feta and coriander. Radish slices and pitta bread. Greek yoghurt with cucumber.
Just all good stuff.
This meal screams summer food to me. Which is perfect because the weather is actually starting to get a little tiny bit nicer now.
I mean, I went out without a coat on yesterday. It was super exciting. So now I'm figuring it's time to start eating salads and super fresh summer food and I am so excited.
Want more? Don't miss all my other vegetarian recipes!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe...
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU'VE MADE THIS HARISSA FALAFEL WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES AND CUCUMBER YOGHURT?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Harissa Falafel with Roasted Vegetables and Cucumber Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Rose Harissa
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo Chilli Flakes
- 2 cloves Garlic roughly chopped
- Small handful Fresh Coriander
- 1 400g tin Chickpeas drained
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Pepper cut into wedges
- 1 Red Onion cut into wedges
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 250 g Greek Yoghurt
- ½ Cucumber chopped into chunks
- Black Olives
- 5 Radishes thinly sliced
- 100 g Feta Cheese
- Pitta Bread
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- Salt and Pepper
- Spread the peppers, onions and tomatoes out on a baking sheet and drizzle with half the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast at 200°C for 20-30 minutes until a little charred and soft.
- While the vegetables are roasting make the falafel. Put the chickpeas, harissa, cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, aleppo chilli flakes and garlic into a blender and blend until smooth. Make into 6-8 patties. Heat a griddle over a high heat with the rest of the oil. Cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side then remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve your falafel with the roasted vegetables, the olives, feta, lemon wedges, coriander, pitta bread and the yoghurt mixed with cucumber chunks.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!