Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This rocket pesto chicken skillet pizza is a brilliant variation on a classic pizza. With a pesto base and a layer of mozzarella surrounding bits of chicken.
Ahh pizza. Who doesn’t love pizza? I can’t think why a person wouldn’t love it. There are just so many variations, it would be like a person not liking sandwiches. Madness.
This pizza is probably my favourite one we’ve made in a long while. Pesto is one of my absolute favourite things in the world and on this pizza it’s just cheesy salty goodness.
We used our usual pizza base and skillet method for this recipe. We pretty much stick to the skillet pizza now since it makes such a chewy and delicious crust.
This pizza would be reason enough to invest in a cast iron skillet if you don’t already have one, trust me.
We were at my best friend’s wedding this weekend. I was a bridesmaid and it was an absolutely wonderful time. There is just nothing better than a wedding. Everyone is so happy and excited.
Will and I did some serious dancing and by yesterday I was completely exhausted. We arrived home and ordered Dominos.
As much as I love a good Dominos, I gotta say, this pizza is better. Super delicious and indulgent but it doesn’t make you feel like crap afterwards!
Make this pizza, you won’t regret it!
Want more? Get all my other pizza recipes before you go.
Keep scrolling to get the recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS Rocket Pesto Chicken skillet PIZZA?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Rocket Pesto Chicken Skillet Pizza
For the Pizza Dough
- 350 g Bread Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp Dry Active Yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 230 ml Warm Water
For the Topping
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 200 g Rocket
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 100 g cooked Chicken cut into chunks
- 75 g Ball of Mozzarella sliced
- Extra Rocket to serve
- Mix together the water, sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl and wait until it starts to foam a little then stir in the flour. Knead into a soft dough and then place in an oiled bowl. What you do now depends on how much time you have. For this pizza we left the dough in the fridge for the whole afternoon (about 6 hours) to rise and it turned out really well but if you don't have that much time you could leave it somewhere warm for 1-2 hours.
- While the dough is proving preheat the oven to 200°C. Make the pesto by grinding the rocket, olive oil, pine nuts and garlic in a pestle and mortar or a mini food processor. Once the dough has doubled in size remove it from the bowl and knead for a minute. Halve the dough and roll out each piece to a big enough size to fit the skillet then gently lift one into the skillet making sure to leave a slightly thicker crust around the edge. Spread over half the pesto and sprinkle over half the chicken and mozzarella.
- Place the skillet on the hob over a high heat for about 5 minutes to allow the skillet to get really hot. Place the pizza in the oven for about 18-20 minutes. Remove and repeat with the second pizza. Serve topped with a handful of fresh rocket.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!