These quick Thai chicken noodles are a great weeknight dinner. They also make brilliant leftovers so make sure you make enough for lunch the next day!
Oh yummy chicken noodles. It’s sometimes the quick and simple meals that are the best, you know? These Thai chicken noodles taste amazing and are pretty healthy too!
Will and I have been training for our half marathon (wah, I know) so I’m all about the really quick and easy dinners that we can throw together after we get home. If I’m not eating by 8pm I get pretty cranky.
I’m sometimes a bit iffy about Thai food. We’ve made Thai curries a few times and I just can’t really get on board with them.
It’s sad because it really is a food I should love, basically because I love most other foods. Part of the problem is I often find it too spicy, like overwhelmingly spicy, so I can’t really taste anything else which is odd because I’m normally ok with spice.
Anyways, despite my dislike of Thai curries I do love me some classic Thai ingredients so that’s where this Thai chicken noodles recipe comes in.
It’s got garlic, chilli, soy sauce and rice vinegar to create a sweet and tangy sauce to coat the chicken and noodles. Topped with chopped peanuts and coriander (cilantro) it’s a perfect Thai noodle dish!
Why we love these chicken noodles:
- They’re so quick to make with just a few simple steps so they’re perfect for a weeknight dinner
- They’re full of awesome flavour thanks to the sweet chilli, soy sauce and rice vinegar
Ingredients you need to make these Thai chicken noodles:
- Chicken Thighs
- Olive Oil
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Pak Choi
- Rice Noodles
- Coconut Milk
- Sesame Oil
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £8.99Was: £9.95
- Price: £5.00Was: £7.99
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for these Thai chicken noodles…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE QUICK THAI CHICKEN NOODLES?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Quick Thai Chicken Noodles
For the chicken and marinade
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 90 g Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
To make the noodles
- 2 Pak Choy chopped
- 4 nests Rice Noodles
- 60 ml Coconut Milk
- Bunch Coriander chopped
- 3 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 50 g Peanuts chopped
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Lime cut into wedges, for serving
- 2 Spring Onions finely sliced, to serve
- Place the chicken and marinade ingredients in a bowl. Mix so that the chicken is fully coated and set aside for a few minutes (if you had more time you could place in the fridge for a little while but it'll still taste great if you use straight away).
- Cook the noodles according to package instruction. Heat a large wok or frying pan over a high heat then place the chicken into the wok and stir fry until browned on either sides, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Turn the heat down then add the coconut milk, sweet chilli sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and garlic and cook until it's thickened a bit. Add the noodles, pak choy and some of the coriander. Chop the chicken and add to the skillet along with the sesame oil. Give everything a good mix then serve topped with chopped peanuts, more coriander and some wedges of lime.