This sheet pan Greek chicken is served in a flatbread with garlicky marinated tomatoes and an incredible herby sour cream sauce!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
It's fresh summer food time again here on The Cook Report!
Nothing says summer like super flavourful chicken and vegetables stuffed into a flatbread with a crazy good sour cream sauce. As boring as it is chicken is probably my favourite meat.
Not if I was having a roast dinner obviously, then it'd be lamb all the way (although if we're talking roast chicken my rosemary, lemon and garlic roast chicken does come pretty high on the list of tasty Sunday dinners), but if I'm using it as an ingredient in something then I do really enjoy chicken.
Maybe it's because part of me still feels like a poor student when being able to buy chicken for dinner was the ultimate treat.
We would make fajitas pretty much every time there was chicken in the house. They were so tasty and easy. Almost as tasty and easy as these sheet pan Greek chicken flatbreads.
Ingredients you need to make these Greek chicken flatbreads:
- Chicken Thighs
- Red Onion
- Smoked Paprika
- Dried Oregano
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
Keep scrolling to get the recipe for these Greek chicken flatbreads...
Have you noticed the whole sheet pan 'thing' kicking off on the internet recently? It seems like a pretty fab way of making something tasty as easily as possible.
If you feel like throwing some chicken and a few chopped veggies on a baking tray is all you can manage (which is totally fair, it's all I can manage most nights) then these would totally work with just the chicken and flat breads. Let's call the tomatoes and sour cream added extras.
Like really really good added extras.
Let's talk that herby sour cream for a second. I made this herby sour cream to go with some empanadas a few weeks ago and it was pretty much life changing.
It's unbelievably simple but tastes so freaking good. Will and I could not get enough of it. So I made it about four more times that week and it is guaranteed deliciousness. Make it and put it on everything. Now!
Don't miss all my other chicken recipes!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe...
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS ONCE YOU'VE MADE THESE SHEET PAN GREEK CHICKEN FLATBREADS WITH MARINATED TOMATOES AND HERBY SOUR CREAM?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Flatbreads with Marinated Tomatoes and Herby Sour Cream
For the Chicken
- 450 g Chicken Thigh Fillets chopped into strips
- 2 Peppers (whichever colours you prefer) cut into strips
- 1 Large Red Onion sliced
- 2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
For the Marinated Tomatoes
- 200 g/1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- Salt and Pepper
Herby Sour Cream
- 200 ml/1 cup Sour Cream
- Small bunch Coriander chopped
- Small bunch Mint chopped
- 1 fat cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix the chicken, peppers, onion, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic in a large bowl and make sure everything is coated in the spices and oil. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- To make the tomatoes, mix together all the ingredients, seasoning to taste, and set aside until ready to serve.
- For the sour cream sauce mix everything together and set aside until ready to serve.
- When you're ready to eat serve the chicken in flatbreads with the tomatoes and sour cream.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!