This breakfast burrito stuffed with bacon, egg and hash browns give you the perfect start to the day! They're an impressive but easy to make breakfast.
When we went to California last year Will had his first ever breakfast burrito and it's safe to say he was a big fan. In fact, I think he indulged in a fair few breakfast burritos while we were out there since they're unfortunately not much of a thing over here.
Let's be real here breakfast burritos are a pretty brilliant idea aren't they? First of all, starting your day with Mexican food is always going to make your morning better. Second, you're making a burrito, one of the greatest foods known to man, but you're putting bacon in it. I rest my case.
Probably my favourite thing about this breakfast burrito is that it has hash browns in it. I really really love hash browns. They're probably the best thing ever done with a potato.Apart from mashed potato. Or roast potatoes. Or curly fries. Oh potatoes I love you.
Anyway, now that I've finished my ode to the potato, give this breakfast burrito a try, it's deeeelish!
Bacon, Egg & Hash Brown Breakfast Burrito
- 4 Tortilla Wraps
- 4 Hash Browns
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- ½ Red Onion diced
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 4 rashers Bacon
- 50 ml Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 medium-large Tomato chopped
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Fresh Coriander chopped
- 50 g Cheddar Cheese grated
- Cook the hash browns according to packet instructions and leave the oven at 180°C once you take them out. Gently fry the red onion and garlic over a low heat until translucent. Add cumin and smoked paprika, coating the onion and garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside. Add the bacon to the pan and fry until crispy, remove from the pan and chop. Beat the eggs with the milk and pour into the pan. Gently scramble for a couple of minutes, remove them from the heat before they're done and allow the residual heat to finish them.
- Cut the hash browns length ways then build your burritos. Place the two pieces of hash brown, a quarter of the onions, bacon and egg onto one of the tortillas. Add some chopped tomato, sliced avocado and chopped coriander. Finally, finish off with a sprinkling of cheese. Repeat with the remaining three burritos. Wrap them in aluminium foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melty.
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING this bacon, egg & hash brown breakfast burrito?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!