These baked white beans are cooked slowly with feta crumbled over the top then served with garlicky yoghurt and a drizzle of homemade paprika butter.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This is one of those dinners that sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. Make a quick tomato sauce, toss through beans in a baking dish, top with crumbled feta and pop in the oven.
Now you could sit down for a while, watch a little TV or read a book. Do some knitting or whatever you’re into.
Then 10 minutes before your beans are ready you pop back into the kitchen and make your garlic yoghurt and chilli butter.
Crush a fat clove of garlic and stir it through some thick greek yoghurt then melt a scoop of butter in a pan and heat til it’s bubbling and beginning to brown. Add a sprinkling of smoked paprika and you’re good to go.
You could definitely serve this with some bread to bulk it up but I think it works perfectly on its own. There’s plenty of ways you could make this even more delicious.
Try adding some bacon or ham. Or keep it vegetarian with some caramelised onions or some extra vegetables like kale.
Ingredients you need to make these baked white beans with feta:
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Butter Beans
- Greek Yoghurt
- Smoked Paprika
- Unsalted Butter
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for these baked white beans with feta…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS BAKED WHITE BEANS WITH FETA, GREEK YOGHURT & PAPRIKA BUTTER?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Baked White Beans with Feta, Garlic Yoghurt & Paprika Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 400g tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 400g tins Butter Beans drained
- 200 g Feta crumbled
For the Garlic Yoghurt
- 1 cloves Garlic grated
- 250 g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- Heat the oven to 200ºC. Heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 10 minutes. Tip in the tomatoes and rosemary along with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Tip the beans into an ovenproof dish followed by the beans. Stir together gently then top with the crumbled feta. Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
For the Paprika Butter
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Once it's melted whisk gently until little brown bits appear at the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat straight away and add the smoked paprika. Stir and serve straight away.
For the Garlic Yoghurt
- Stir the garlic and yoghurt together. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…