This easy curry potato & egg skillet is a great weeknight dinner. It’s got bags of flavour, comes together quickly and is made of super cheap ingredients!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
It’s taking us longer than I was hoping to get our lives back to normal since moving. I think I’m standardly pretty over optimistic about things like this but still, I really hoped I’d be back on track with blogging by now and it just hasn’t quite happened.
Last night I got really frustrated with this fact because it was the first evening of the week that I wasn’t busy and I planned to do loads of stuff and all I did was edit the photos for this post. That was it. What has happened to my productivity?
I started 2017 with the bones of an editorial calendar and a load of recipes already planned, written and photographed so for the first few weeks of the year regular posting was a breeze.
Then we moved and I stalled massively.
The other night I did manage to write out a whole load of recipes plans and we’re ordering the ingredients as I type (thank you nice boyfriend) so I feel like I’m on the brink of being sorted!
This was one of the easy dinners we made in the week after we moved.
When we were surrounded by boxes and still couldn’t find half of our kitchenware and we spent every evening after work trying to sort through the crazy amount of possessions we seem to have amassed over the past 2 years.
It’s got plenty of veggies to keep you healthy in these grim winter months when everyone around you seems to be dropping like flies from various coughs and colds.
Plus a healthy helping of spicy curry flavour which makes a perfect cozy home for some nicely coddled eggs with lovely soft yolks.
The perfect accompaniment for this easy curry potato & egg skillet is a big dollop of greek yoghurt, a spoonful of mango chutney and a chunk of pillowy naan.
Crack that yolk and let it ooze through (sorry ooze is a bit gross on second thoughts) and make a lovely silky sauce for your veg.
Want more? Get all my vegetarian recipes before you go.
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU’VE MADE THIS EASY CURRY POTATO & EGG SKILLET WITH AUBERGINE?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Easy Curry Potato & Egg Skillet
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 Aubergine chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 inch piece Ginger peeled and grated
- 3 medium Potatoes peeled
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 100 ml Water
- 4 Eggs
- Fresh Coriander, Naan Bread, Yoghurt and Mango Chutney to serve
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and par-boil them for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for a few minutes until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Throw in the spices, mix thoroughly and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the carrot and aubergine and cook until softened.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the spices. Add the tomatoes and water, stir to incorporate, then increase the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 6-7 minutes
- Make 4 wells in the mixture and break an egg into each. Cover the skillet and let it cook until the whites have solidified, the time this takes will really depend on your hob but ours took about 10 minutes. Sprinkle chopped coriander over the top. Serve with naan bread, yoghurt and mango chutney if desired.
Did you make this recipe?