This quick & easy vegetable curry is packed with potatoes, aubergine and mushrooms to make it a filling evening meal. Plus it’s gluten free and suitable for vegans!
Mondays 😫 Aren’t they just the worst? I’m always so sad when I wake up on Monday mornings. The alarm goes off and I just lie there for a second feeling sorry for myself before dragging myself out of bed. To make matters even worse it’s now dark when I get up, so miserable.
So what I really need at the end of a long Monday is a warming, comforting, spicy bowl of curry and this quick & easy vegetable curry is just the thing. I have a real love of potato in curry, there’s something about the way the potato sucks up all that curry flavour and is perfectly tender. Deeeeelish. Plus it’s meatless! Meatless for meatless Monday!
For this curry I made my own curry paste which you totally don’t have to do if you want to make this curry even quicker. A shop bought one would work, just try and get a good quality one. We served this quick & easy vegetable curry with rice but you could have it with any grain you fancy, even better with some naan!
Quick & Easy Vegetable Curry with Potato & Aubergine
For the Curry
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1-2 Large Potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 Aubergine chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Curry Paste shop-bought or homemade recipe below
- 150 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 400 g tin Coconut Milk
- Fresh Coriander chopped
- Flaked Almonds
For the Curry Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 piece thumb-sized Ginger
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 small bunch Fresh Coriander
- Handful Flaked Almonds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Dried Coriander
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and potatoes and cook for five minutes. Add the aubergine and mushrooms and cook for a little longer. Stir in the curry paste and cook until everything becomes very fragrant, probably just a couple of minute.
- Pour in the stock and coconut milk, bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Serve with a grain of your choice and topped with the coriander and flaked almonds.
For the Curry Paste
- Add all of the ingredients to a small blender and blitz to a paste.
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS QUICK & EASY VEGETABLE CURRY?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Got some extra aubergine that needs using up? Why not use it to top this roasted garlic, pork & aubergine pizza?
Add any extra mushrooms to this mushroom ragu with bacon and polenta