Roasted butternut squash & pancetta pizza is a tasty change from traditional pizza. The toppings are the perfect combination of sweet and salty!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
There are just some foods that are made to be together. Butternut squash and pancetta should always only be eaten together. It’s like a perfect harmony between the sweet caramelised butternut squash and the salty, salty pancetta.
So to make this pizza you kick off by roasting little cubes of butternut squash with some sprigs of rosemary and olive oil. They get all toasty and caramelised on the edges which only helps to bring out the sweetness.
Once those sweet little nuggets are out of the oven you pop them on top of your pizza base with some fried cubes of pancetta.
Oh and don’t forget the garlic butter you brushed over the base. Yes, that’s right, garlic butter. I went there.
So let’s just recap, we’ve got garlic butter pizza base topped with yummy sweet little golden chunks of roasted butternut squash and fried pieces of pancetta then you pop it in the oven to cook the base so it gets all fluffy and delicious.
Finally you top it with a big handful of rocket leaves, a sprinkling of finely grated parmesan, some chilli flakes and a drizzle of olive oil.
And that, my friends, is a perfect roasted butternut squash & pancetta pizza. Enjoy!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH & PANCETTA PIZZA?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Roasted Butternut Squash & Pancetta Pizza
- 1 batch Skillet Pizza Dough see notes
- Half Butternut Squash cut into chunks - about 350g
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt Flakes
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 100 g Pancetta Cubes
- 25 g Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- pinch Chilli Flakes
- 50 g Rocket
- 50 g Parmesan finely grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Peel and cut half a butternut squash into chunks.
- Place butternut squash into a large mixing bowl with the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper and mix with your hands until completely coated. Place in the oven on a parchment lined baking tray and roast for 30-40 mins or until it starts to caramelise (but remember it will cook more while the pizza is cooking).
- In the meantime cook the pancetta in a skillet on a medium heat until browned, then set aside and turn the heat off. Melt the butter and stir in the crushed garlic cloves.
- Roll out the dough into a circle then place into the skillet. shape around the edges of the skillet, forming a thicker crust with your hands. Use a pastry brush to spread half the garlic butter all over the dough.
- Add half the pancetta, parmesan, chilli flakes and butternut squash then place on the hob over a high heat for 3-5 minutes to form a crust on the bottom of the pizza then put in the oven for about 18-20 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with half the rocket. Repeat with the second pizza.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £49.96Was: £63.50
- Price: £10.39Was: £16.00