Forget take-away! This stuffed crust pizza is surprisingly easy to make and tastes amazing! Shredded chicken, a chipotle spiked tomato sauce, yellow pepper and red onion all make perfect toppings for the ultimate pizza.
It has been far too long since I've posted a pizza recipe. Don't you agree? Making pizza is one of our favourite things, Will makes excellent dough and I've got the tomato sauce recipe down. I mean really down.
I cook it down until it's really jammy and the flavour of the tomatoes is really intense. Once it's nearly ready you can add any flavourings you want which normally means a sprinkling of dried oregano and some chilli flakes.
Ingredients you need to make chipotle pizza sauce:
- Olive Oil
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Tomato Puree
- Chipotle Paste
For this recipe we wanted something extra special. To start with we stirred some chipotle paste through the homemade tomato sauce to give a yummy spicy, smoky kick to the whole pizza.
But then, I really wanted to add something to make it even more special. Then it hit me: cheese stuffed crust pizza!! My number one, all time favourite thing in the world ever.
If I'm getting a take away pizza it pretty much always falls into two distinct categories. Fancy pizza, you know that thin crust, sourdough nonsense. Or otherwise it's straight to Pizza Hut or Dominos and it's always always stuffed crust.
That's really what I wanted to recreate here. The pure indulgence of a take-away stuffed crust pizza with a yummy, fun topping.
Ingredients you need to make this stuffed crust pizza:
- Strong White Bread Flour
- Fast Action Yeast
- Golden Caster Sugar
- Warm Water
- Cooked Chicken
- Yellow Pepper
- Red Onion
Keep scrolling to get the full recipes for the stuffed crust pizza with chipotle chicken...
The stuffed crust is so super easy as well. I chopped up mozzarella and just folded the dough over it, making sure to tuck it in nice and cozy.
We bake our pizzas on trays like this and I really recommend making your pizzas on something round if you want them coming out all neat looking, plus the holes help you with that crispy base.
Then it comes out all oozy and delicious. It's perfect.
If this isn't taking your fancy then try out one of my other pizza recipes!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS STUFFED CRUST PIZZA WITH CHIPOTLE CHICKEN?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Stuffed Crust Pizza with Chipotle Chicken
- 250 g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ 7g sachet Fast Action Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Golden Caster Sugar
- 170 ml Warm Water
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoon Chipotle Paste
For the Toppings
- 100 g Cooked Chicken shredded
- 1 Yellow Pepper sliced
- 1 small Red Onion sliced
- 150 g Mozzarella cut into strips (for stuffed crust)
- 100 g Mozzarella sliced (for topping)
- Make the dough. Mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large bowl. Mix together the sugar and warm water then make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour the sugar and water into the well. Gradually mix the wet and dry ingredients together and then turn out onto a floured work surface. Knead for 10 minutes. Flour the outside of the ball of dough then place in an oiled bowl. At this stage you can either prove for about 15 minutes somewhere warm or put it into the fridge until you're ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Make the sauce. Heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, plenty of salt and 40ml of water. Once the water has evaporated pour in the tin of tomatoes and cook down until it's almost dry. Mix in the tomato puree and chipotle paste and leave to cook a little more until it has a thick consistency. Tip out onto a plate and allow to cool.
- Split the dough in half and roll each ball of dough out into a circle. Place on trays and spread the strips of mozzarella around the outer edge of the pizza making sure to leave a little gap at the edge. Carefully fold the dough over the cheese and tuck in tightly pressing to seal. Repeat with the second pizza.
- Spread the sauce around the middle of each pizza and split all the toppings between the two pizzas. Bake for 15 minutes until all the cheese is melted.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…