Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
These burritos are stuffed with the most amazing cheesy chipotle turkey chilli. Serve them with sour cream, hot sauce and some fresh coriander leaves for a dream Mexican dinner.
I’ve been really into using more turkey mince (ground turkey) recently. It’s lighter than beef or lamb and is often the only option that fits that requirement since chicken mince is basically non-existent in the UK.
If you’re feeling the same then you could try out this udon noodle stir fry with turkey mince once you’ve made these burritos!
How are we feeling about the World Cup? Will is really into it so by extension I’ve been watching it and have somehow managed to get pretty into it too.
We’re currently watching Nigeria vs. Argentina and working out all the calculations to see who’s going to go through.
I ordinarily don’t care at all about football or sport in general (apart from the Olympics which is my favourite thing in the world) but there’s something about these big world sport events that I get a bit caught up in, especially when Will is all over it.
Anyway, moving swiftly on from the World Cup. Time to talk about these amazing burritos.
Burritos with a chipotle turkey and sweet potato chilli inside. SO. GOOD.
So I’ve been trying to eat a bit more turkey mince (ground turkey) this year. I know that it’s something that’s eaten quite a lot in the US but here in the UK it’s something that I don’t think is used as much.
I do like the flavour of it though and I think it works really well in something like a chilli for a lighter option which still feels like a treat.
I think the combination of turkey and sweet potato works really well here as well. I also wanted that smokiness that chipotle paste brings, it makes everything just that little bit richer and is one of our most used ingredients.
This is the brand we use and like.
The other thing I love about this chilli is that it has a handful of grated cheese stirred right through it before packing into the burritos. I love how that makes it a little drier which makes it perfect for wrapping up without leaking everywhere while you’re trying to eat.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE BURRITOS:
- Garlic – I am all about the garlic paste at the moment, so over peeling garlic cloves, this is the one we have and it is super strong which I love because garlic is my everything 😍
- Turkey Mince (Ground Turkey)
- Chilli Powder
- Chipotle Paste
- Sweet Potatoes
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Kidney Beans – Feel free to switch out for your favourite beans
- Cheddar Cheese
- Toppings! – think avocado, hot sauce, fresh coriander (cilantro) and sour cream
Keep scrolling to get the recipe for these burritos…
Of course you could definitely serve this chilli in any number of ways other than in burritos. We had the leftovers over rice one night but it could work over any other grains you can think of. Also, I’ve got one word for you. Polenta.
The burritos were great for leftovers though. I took one to work the next day and heated it up for a fab lunch.
Keep scrolling to get the recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU’VE MADE THESE BURRITOS WITH CHIPOTLE TURKEY & SWEET POTATO CHILLI?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Burritos with Chipotle Turkey & Sweet Potato Chilli
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 500 g Turkey Mince (Ground Turkey)
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chipotle Paste
- 4 Sweet Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 250 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 400g tin Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 30 g Cheddar Cheese grated
- 10-12 Tortillas
- Avocado, Hot Sauce, Fresh Coriander (Cilantro) & Sour Cream to serve
- Heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the garlic and cooking for another 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook until there's no pink left.
- Add the sweet potato and all the spices to the pot and cook for another couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes have softened.
- Add the kidney beans and grated cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Roll a spoonful of chilli in each tortilla. If keeping for another occasion wrap in foil and reheat in the oven when ready to eat. If eating straight away then serve topped with your choice of toppings.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £8.79Was: £14.00
- Price: £10.56Was: £16.00