This healthy one pan fish and vegetable bake is bursting with Mediterranean flavour from the tomatoes, olives and plenty of herbs. Serve with plenty of crusty bread.
This is summer comfort food at its finest.
Oh I do love a good one pot vegetable bake. This one is so flavourful and filling. I went for potatoes, tomatoes and courgette in a rich tomato sauce with pieces of fish nestled in between it all for a whole dish of deliciousness.
Once the dish is cooked there’s a whole load of sauce to soak up with plenty of crusty bread which is just so dreamy. This is summery but still comforting, easy but full of complex flavour and just as good for serving on a weeknight as it is at a dinner party.
I went for white fish fillets but you could just as easily use salmon and any vegetables you need to use up can be added to this to make it a real ‘clean out the fridge’ dish.
Why we love this fish and vegetable bake:
- It’s a simple one pot dinner which is great for a weeknight and it has everything you need right there in the baking dish
- It’s easy to customise depending on what you have on hand so go ahead and add any vegetables you like
- The whole thing takes just an hour to make and most of that is hands off time while it’s baking in the oven
- It’s a healthy main meal full of vegetables and fish
Mediterranean Fish and Vegetable Bake Ingredients:
- Vegetables: I went with courgettes, red onion and potatoes but you could add anything extra that you like
- Fish: I went with defrosted frozen white fish fillets because I always keep a bag in the freezer but you could also use salmon
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar: For an extra tang to the sauce
- Black Olives: For another layer of Mediterranean flavour
- Herbs: Dried oregano goes into the sauce along with some rosemary sprigs which add so much flavour!
- Cherry Tomatoes: I like to use the ones on the vine because they taste better AND look pretty
- Basil Leaves: For serving
Mediterranean Fish and Vegetable Bake Instructions:
- Roast the vegetables: Put the courgette, red onion and potatoes in a baking dish with oil and seasoning and roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the sauce and fish: Pour in the tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, olives and rosemary. Stir together then add the fish and tomatoes.
- Finish the bake: Place the bake back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Expert tips for making this fish and vegetable bake:
- If you want to prep part of this recipe ahead of time then you could roast the vegetables in the first step of the recipe and store them in the fridge until you want to eat. Then just follow the next two steps to finish the dish
- The fish took about 15 minutes to cook with the rest of the ingredients but yours might need a little longer so check if it flakes easily and pop back into the oven for a couple of minutes if you need to
Want more? Try these other fish recipes!
- Mediterranean Fish
- 15 Minute Spicy Salmon Linguine
- Honey Garlic Sauce Salmon
- 15 Minute Tuna Pasta with Pangrattato
- Fried Fish with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Thai Fish Cakes with Peanut Sauce
Mediterranean Fish and Vegetable Bake
- 2 Courgettes sliced
- 1 Red Onion chopped into chunks
- 300 g Baby Potatoes chopped
- Olive Oil
- 600 g White Fish Fillets cut into chunks
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 400g tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 100 g Black Olives
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 4 sprigs Rosemary
- 150 g Cherry Tomatoes on the vine
- Basil Leaves to serve
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Put the courgette, red onion and baby potatoes in a large baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season well and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tinned tomatoes, vinegar, olives, dried oregano, rosemary sprigs and more salt and pepper, stir.
- Nestle the fish pieces and cherry tomatoes into the sauce then put back in the oven for 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Serve with crusty bread and fresh basil leaves.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!