This spicy salmon linguine takes just 15 minutes to make and has a rich tomato sauce with a salty kick from the capers and plenty of garlic. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Pasta makes the perfect 15 minute dinner 😍
Another 15 minute recipe for ya!
Ok, it’s another pasta dish because pasta is the perfect 15 minute ingredient. Similar to this tuna pasta it involves a tiny bit of multi tasking to get it on the table in 15 minutes but as long as you’re organised you can 100% do it.
I’ve listed plenty of tips throughout this post for how to get it done as quickly as possible and what I’m hoping to do with this series is to show you that it’s easy to get a healthy and, most importantly, delicious dinner together quickly and simply often using ingredients you can keep in the cupboard ready for dinner emergencies.
Why we love this spicy salmon linguine:
- This whole dinner takes just 10 ingredients and most of them are store cupboard items which means you can make this dinner even when you can’t be bothered to go out and buy ingredients
- It’s so easy to make this salmon linguine with just a few simple steps
- This salmon linguine is also pretty healthy with loads of goodness coming from the salmon and the spicy tomato sauce
- And of course it takes just 15 minutes to make this salmon pasta which is my favourite kind of weeknight dinner
Canned Salmon Linguine Ingredients:
- Linguine: I think this long pasta works so well with this recipe but feel free to switch it out for whatever you have
- Salmon: I use tinned because I like to keep it on hand for quick dinners, just make sure to get skinless and boneless. If you have leftover cooked salmon or want to cook a couple of fillets that will also work
- Chopped Tomatoes: Again, a store cupboard staple in this house
- Garlic: Because everything is better with garlic
- Red Chilli: I like a little heat in this pasta but you can reduce the amount if you like it less spicy
- Red Wine Vinegar: For an extra tang in the sauce
- Sugar: Sweetness to balance out the sauce
- Capers: I like to keep a jar of these in the fridge to add to pasta dishes for a tangy burst of flavour. Use leftovers in this summer orzo salad
- Lemon: Just a squeeze of juice at the end of cooking
How to make salmon linguine
- Cook the pasta: Follow packet instructions to cook the linguine.
- Make the sauce: Heat the oil and fry the garlic and chilli then add the tomatoes, vinegar and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Finish the pasta: Remove the sauce from heat. Reserve 3-4 tbsp of pasta water and drain the pasta then toss the linguine, sauce, salmon and capers together and add enough pasta water to get the desired consistency. Serve topped with parsley and parmesan.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Expert tips for making this salmon linguine:
- In order to make this recipe in 15 minutes you need to be organised. Start by bringing a pot of water to the boil and cooking the pasta
- I always recommend chopping anything you need to before beginning to cook so crush your garlic and chop your chilli then you’re ready to make your sauce
- If you prefer to use fresh salmon in this recipe then you can fry two salmon fillets for a couple of minutes on each side then remove the skin and flake the salmon before adding to the pasta
- Don’t leave out the squeeze of lemon juice at the end of cooking, it really adds an extra zing to the pasta which is delicious!
What to serve with salmon linguine?
The pasta is a meal in itself which is generally how we like to eat on weeknights. I simply serve sprinkled with a few shavings of parmesan and some chopped parsley.
What’s the difference between spaghetti and linguine?
While similar, these two pasta shapes differ in that spaghetti is round strings while linguine is flat strips. Either could really be used for this recipe but I especially like linguine here.
Want more? Try these other salmon recipes!
- Salmon Quiche
- Salmon Tacos with Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Salmon en Papiotte
- 15 Minute Salmon Pasta with Broccoli
- Bruschetta Salmon
- Oven Cooked Salmon with Tomato & Garlic Sauce
15 Minute Spicy Salmon Linguine
- 400 g Linguini
- 1 200g tin Salmon drained
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Red Chilli deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Capers
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Parsley chopped, to serve
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook according to packet instructions.
- While the pasta cooks heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and chilli and cook for a couple of minutes then add the tomatoes, vinegar and sugar, season well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Reserve 3-4 tbsp pasta water and drain the pasta. Add the cooked pasta, capers and salmon to the sauce and toss well. Add enough pasta water until you reach your desired consistency and toss again. Serve topped with fresh parsley and parmesan if desired.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!