Salmon curry with tomatoes & spinach is a tasty change from a traditional curry recipe. Not only that but the spinach, tomatoes and salmon make it a healthier option too!
Hands up who loves curry 🙋
I think it’s definitely one of our favourites in this house and we love it any which way. It’s one of those things, like pizza, that can be perfect in so many different forms.
Whether it’s a greasy take away which amounts to thousands of calories and sleepily collapsing on the sofa after eating or a fresh, healthy and relatively light version like this salmon curry. They all have their places and if you’ve got it in your head that curry can only be an occasional treat then think again!
Why we love this salmon curry:
- First off this curry is so healthy while still being full of flavour this it’s become one of my favourite things to make on a weeknight when I want some thing light for dinner
- It’s also naturally gluten free so it’s great for feeding people with different food requirements
- This curry is easy to make your own by switching out the vegetables for other options, Kale would be great in place of the spinach or some cauliflower or broccoli would go great in there as well
Ingredients you need to make this healthy salmon curry:
- Vegetable Oil
- Cinnamon Stick
- Brown Sugar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Ground Coriander
- Chilli Powder
- Salmon Fillets
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this healthy salmon & tomato curry…
This version has a lovely tomatoey sauce which is full of curry flavour and coats your salmon and spinach perfectly.
Then you’ve got the spinach which is one of my favourite curry ingredients and of course the salmon which is full of like omega 3 or whatever good stuff.
Add extra vegetables if you like, I’ve kept it pretty simple here but pretty much anything would work!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Did everyone have a good weekend? It’s was our first weekend together in a few weeks because Will’s been away quite a bit so we had a very chilled one.
We went to a local farmer’s market on Saturday as a reward for going to the dentist (grim) and we bought some steaks to make my steak sandwiches with chimichurri so watch out for new photos coming soon!
Then on Sunday we just stayed in and got various household activities done including organising our food cupboards and making a spread sheet of everything we have (yes, we are that cool).
Want more? Try these other salmon recipes!
- Easy Salmon Poke Bowls
- Salmon Tacos with Quick Pickled Onions
- Sheet Pan Chilli Lime Salmon
- 15 Minute Salmon Pasta with Broccoli
- Orange Glazed Salmon
- Oven Cooked Salmon with Tomato & Garlic Sauce
Healthy Salmon and Tomato Curry with Spinach
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 tsp Peppercorns
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 500 g Spinach
- 4 Salmon Fillets skinless, cut into biggish chunks
- Heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the cinnamon stick, peppercorns and cloves. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add the onion and sugar and cook for another 10 minutes until caramelised.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and stir. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down. Add the rest of the spices along with the ginger and garlic. Cook for another 10 minutes and then add the spinach and cover for two minutes so that it can wilt.
- Add the salmon to the pot and stir gently into the sauce. Cover and allow to cook for about 5 minutes until the fish is cooked. Serve with rice.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!