This chilli prawn linguine is packed with garlic, tomatoes and basil. The dish is finished with a sprinkling of crumbled feta for a hint of saltiness.
Today I’m serving up a big bowl of prawn pasta and I am very happy about it 🍝 🦐
What I love about this recipe is that prawn pasta is a no brainer of deliciousness but the addition of spiciness from the chilli flakes and the salty feta sprinkled on top makes it a really tasty meal that’s a bit different from your normal weeknight dinner.
I love the combination of prawns, pasta and tomato. It’s super summery (because it was 23°C today and I’m pretending that autumn isn’t about to happen) and really fresh.
There’s also a satisfying kick from the chilli flakes and smoked paprika which works perfectly with the feta. Oh the whole thing is just completely delicious and tasty!
Why we love this prawn linguine…
It’s so quick and easy to make with just a few simple steps to follow until you’ve got an amazing bowl of pasta in front of you!
This recipe is packed with flavour thanks to the chilli, fresh tomato and sprinkling of feta at the end.
You can easily adjust the quantities according to your preferences. If you don’t like it too spicy then reduce the amount of chilli flakes.
If you want to make this with a different protein then it would work great with salmon or even chicken.
You can add extra veggies to this recipe to up the green content. Spinach or broccoli would both be delicious!
Chilli Prawn Pasta Ingredients
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
Linguine: I love long pasta for this recipe but you can use whatever you have on hand.
Prawns: Get fresh raw prawns for this and cook them just before serving.
Butter: I use a hearty amount of butter in the recipe to help cook the prawns and make the sauce extra silky.
Spices: Chilli flakes and smoked paprika go into this recipe to make it extra flavourful.
Fresh Tomatoes: I add a some fresh chopped tomatoes to this recipe not long before serving for an extra burst of freshness.
Feta: This is crumbled through the pasta just before serving which adds a lovely saltiness.
Basil: What’s pasta without basil?
How to make spicy prawn linguine
Fry the garlic: Heat the olive oil and cook the garlic for a few minutes then remove from the heat. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
Cook the prawns: Once the pasta is cooked return the garlic to the heat. Add the butter, chilli flakes, smoked paprika, tomatoes and prawns. Cook until the prawns are pink.
Finish and serve: Add the pasta to the prawns with the lemon zest and reserved pasta water. Toss and add the basil and feta. Serve.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Want more? Try these other pasta recipes!
- Quick & Easy Pasta Puttanesca
- Orzo Risotto with Tomato & Mascarpone
- Pesto Pasta Bake with Giant Shells
- Pork Pasta with Dried Mushrooms & Spinach
- Smoked Salmon Pasta with Asparagus
- Vodka Pasta Sauce with Sun Dried Tomato
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Spinach Pasta
Prawn Linguine with Tomatoes & Feta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic sliced
- 200 g Linguine
- 200 g Raw Prawns peeled and deveined
- 20 g Butter
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- Pinch Smoked Paprika
- 4 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 150 g Feta crumbled
- Bunch of Basil torn
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a frying pan and add the garlic slices. Cook for a few minutes until they're softened then remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Keep a mugful of pasta water before draining.
- Put the garlic and oil back on the heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted add the chilli flakes, smoked paprika, tomatoes and prawns. Cook the prawns for a couple of minutes until pink and opaque. The tomatoes will have softened but won't have fallen apart.
- Add the pasta to the prawns followed by the lemon zest, pasta cooking liquid and plenty of salt and pepper. Toss everything together well with tongs then add the feta and basil and toss again.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and more feta if desired.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!