This pasta dish with a rich and creamy vodka pasta sauce is an easy and indulgent vegetarian dinner. This tomato vodka sauce is great for a weeknight dinner or for serving to friends!
Time for an easy, creamy pasta dish to make your winter nights delicious 😍
I am obsessed with this pasta recipe!
It’s creamy, warming and a little bit spicy which all comes together to make the perfect winter meal. I am all about carby bowl meals in the winter.
I want something I can eat while curled up on the sofa, bowl in one hand and fork in the other, while watching something equally comforting on TV.
You start this sauce off with plenty of garlic (is there any better smell that garlic cooking in butter) then a glug of vodka is added and bubbled until the alcohol is cooked off then the tomatoes are simmered down in the sauce before blending and adding cream and stirring through hot pasta.
Why we love this vodka pasta sauce…
It’s vegetarian comfort food at its best thanks to the rich and flavourful sauce along with plenty of pasta and a good sprinkling of parmesan to finish.
It’s such an easy recipe to make on a weeknight which comes together so quickly but tastes like it took hours of simmering to get all that flavour.
This pasta dish could also work with added protein like shredded cooked chicken or cooked beef mince for an extra bit of flavour and texture.
You can also make this recipe into a pasta bake by simply following the recipe and then sprinkling with a few handfuls of cheddar cheese and baking at 200°C/400°F for 15 minutes.
Vodka Cream Sauce Ingredients
Butter: Melted to start the sauce.
Garlic: Crushed and gently cooked in the butter.
Chilli Flakes: You can add as much or as little as you like depending on your spice preference.
Vodka: This adds a little extra kick to the sauce which I just love.
Chopped Tomatoes: Just go for your favourite brand.
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto: This is my secret ingredient which adds an extra richness to the sauce.
Double Cream: For that creamy rich sauce.
Parmesan: For sprinkling before serving.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
How to make creamy vodka tomato pasta
Start the sauce: Melt the butter in a large pot then add the garlic and cook until softened. Pour in the vodka and simmer for a few minutes to cook off the alcohol.
Simmer the sauce: Add the tomatoes, pesto and thyme then simmer for 15 minutes before blending until smooth then stir through the cream.
Finish the dish: Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce then serve with parmesan and basil.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- LE CREUSET Signature Enamelled Cast Iron Round Casserole Dish with Lid, 22 cm, 3.3 Litre, Volcanic, 211772209Price: £164.00Was: £205.00
- Price: £13.29Was: £17.95
- Price: £4.82Was: £4.99
Want more? Try these other pasta recipes!
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Mushroom Stroganoff with Rosemary
- Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti
- Aubergine Pasta Bake with Balsamic Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Prawns
- Truffle Mac and Cheese with Gnocchi
- Vegan Pesto Ricotta Stuffed Shells
Vodka Pasta Sauce with Sun Dried Tomato
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- Pinch Chilli Flakes
- 60 ml Vodka
- 2 400g tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 100 g Double Cream
- 500 g Pasta
- 125 g Parmesan Cheese grated
- Fresh Basil to serve
- Put the butter, garlic and chilli flakes in a large pot of a medium heat. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the vodka and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, pesto, thyme and plenty of seasoning. Simmer for about 15 minutes then blend until smooth and add the cream.
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to packet instructions. Add the pasta to the sauce then stir through the parmesan. Serve topped with fresh basil and more parmesan.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!