These healthier turkey meatballs are served over spaghetti in an easy tomato pasta sauce. They’re a great way to use turkey mince and have an incredible flavour!
Spaghetti and meatballs is the most comforting thing of all 😍
This is truly autumn in a bowl. It’s the exact thing I want to be eating every single day from now until April. The meatballs are tender and flavourful, the sauce is cheesy and rich and the spaghetti is…well…just as spaghetti should be.
If I’m making a spaghetti dish with mince I’ll often go for a bolognese but when I had this turkey mince in the freezer there was something about meatballs which just sounded so good to me.
Then I realise that the only spaghetti and meatballs I have on the blog is this vegetarian meatballs recipe and it seemed like the perfect thing to make now we’re firmly into autumn.
Why we love these turkey meatballs with spaghetti…
Using turkey in the meatballs makes these a healthier alternative to classic beef meatballs.
Even though you’re making the meatballs from scratch the whole dish is quick and easy to put together and takes about 30 minutes to make.
This dish is also really comforting and delicious thanks to the cheesy sauce and super flavourful meatballs.
You can switch ingredients in this recipe according to your preferences. Prefer fusilli to spaghetti? Go for it! Want to add some extra veggies to the sauce? Great idea!
Spaghetti and Meatballs Ingredients
Meatball Ingredients: Turkey mince (or ground turkey), egg, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and salt and pepper all go into these turkey meatballs to make them moist and flavourful
Pasta Sauce: Olive oil, garlic, passata and goat’s cheese are all you need to make this super simple and easy sauce
Spaghetti: Or another pasta of your choice
Basil and Mozzarella: To serve on top of your pasta
Products from Amazon.co.uk
How to make turkey meatballs
Make the meatballs: Mix together all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into meatballs then heat a drizzle of oil over a medium high heat and fry the meatballs until browned on all sides. Remove to a plate.
Make the sauce: Fry the garlic in the oil then pour in the passata and bring to a simmer. Melt in the goat’s cheese.
Finish the dish: Transfer the spaghetti from the cooking water to the sauce then add the meatballs and toss everything together. Serve topped with the mozzarella and basil.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £16.25
- Price: £16.49Was: £17.95
Want more? Try these other pasta recipes!
- Creamy Lemon and Basil Pasta Sauce
- Aubergine Pasta Bake with Balsamic Tomato Sauce
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
- Weeknight Lentil Pasta
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Prawns
- Truffle Mac and Cheese with Gnocchi
Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti
- 500 g Turkey Mince
- 1 Egg
- 25 g Panko
- 30 g Parmesan grated
- 1/2 tsp Garlic crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 400g tin Passata
- 60 g Goat's Cheese
- 300 g Spaghetti
- 150 g Mozzarella torn
- Fresh Basil
- Put a pot of heavily salted water on to the heat to bring to a boil. Mix the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll into meatballs. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook until browned, you may need to do this in batches. Remove onto a plate.
- Put the spaghetti into the boiling water and cook according to pack instructions.
- In the same pan you cooked the meatballs in make the sauce. Add the olive oil and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes. Pour in the passata and cook for another 3-5 minutes then crumble in the goat's cheese and stir to melt. Using tongs move the cooked spaghetti from the water to the sauce and toss to coat, add the meatballs and toss again then serve topped with torn mozzarella and basil leaves.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!