This sesame lamb recipe tastes delicious stuffed in a pitta with some cucumber and mint yoghurt drizzled on top and some pine nut rice on the side.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Do you guys watch My Kitchen Rules? Last year Will and I got so obsessed with the Australian version we watched every season back to back.
It’s the perfect balance of drama and good food to make it completely addicting. The new season has just started and it’s making my evenings about 50% better right now.
Also it definitely makes me want to move to Australia. It just looks so insanely beautiful and SUNNY. Winter is so grim, I’m just dying for some warmth.
So while there’s episode of My Kitchen Rules to watch we need delicious food fast so we can curl up in front of the TV. That includes this sesame lamb.
These little lamb patties are so full of flavour, with crispy outsides and a mustardy sesame taste. We served them with a warm, soft pitta bread, our favourite pine nut rice and a minty cucumber yoghurt.
We got the recipe for this pine nut rice from Will’s dad and it’s one of our favourite comfort foods. There’s something so delicious about frying an onion before adding the rice and water, it makes me wonder why I’d ever want to cook rice with just water again. It’s just so boring that way!
The addition of pine nuts is brilliant as well, giving the rice a nutty flavour which elevates it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
While the warming rice and lightly spiced lamb works great at this time of year you could definitely make this sesame lamb in the summer too. In fact, I reckon they’d be fab on a barbecue all crisped up and charred.
You could serve them with a light, healthy salad as part of a picnic or put them in some wraps for a delicious packed lunch.
Want more? Get loads more dinner recipes before you go.
Keep scrolling to get the recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU’VE MADE THIS SESAME LAMB WITH PINE NUT RICE & CUCUMBER YOGHURT?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Sesame Lamb with Pine Nut Rice & Cucumber Yoghurt
- 400 g Minced Lamb
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 4 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Spring Onions chopped
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 4 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint chopped
For the Rice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 50 g Pine Nuts
- 1 cup/185g Long Grain Rice
- 450 ml Water
- Pitta Bread
- Mix the lamb with the mustard seeds, sesame seeds, spring onion, garam masala and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Shape into 8 patties and set aside. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan and fry the patties for a couple of minutes on each side until golden ( you might need to do this in batches).
For the Rice
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry until softened. Add the pine nuts and toast for a couple of minutes. Pour in the rice and the water and bring to the boil. Cover and leave to cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Chop the cucumber into ribbons or chunks (whichever you prefer) and stir into the yoghurt along with the mint. Serve the patties with the rice, yoghurt and pitta bread.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £4.99