This veal & pancetta ragu is slow cooked for over an hour to get the meat insanely tender. This recipe makes a delicious change from beef.
Will and I spent Saturday making beer. Will has been talking about trying home brewing for a while.
I wasn’t convinced, mainly because, up until a few weeks ago, we were living in a pokey flat that was constantly a mess and just did not lend itself to that kind of messy activity. But then we found our new flat which has quite a bit more space and I slowly warmed to the idea.
Then my sisters bought Will a brewing kit for his birthday and the deal was done. He made his first batch a few weeks ago and it’s currently sitting in bottles in our cupboard getting fizzy or whatever it’s doing.
So on Saturday we decided to try a second batch. It was actually pretty fun as doing things with Will invariably is. The only bad thing is now we have to wait four whole weeks before we can drink it!
Will’s become pretty obsessed with this whole beer thing. Every time I look over at what he’s doing he’s busily researching different types of beer to try and different techniques for making it.
It’s quite fun, we’re hoping to be able to start figuring out our own recipes for beer after we’ve made it a few more times then I might share those recipes on the blog and start a whole new strand on here!
Anyway, this veal & pancetta ragu would probably taste pretty great with a good beer on the side if you’re into that sort of thing.
It’s super easy to make and only involves about 15 minutes of work before you leave it to bubble away for an hour and a half then simply serve with pasta and parmesan and you’ll have the perfect weekend dinner ready to go. Make this for friends and they will love you forever.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS VEAL & PANCETTA RAGU:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Veal Mince (Ground Veal)
- Bay Leaf
- Tomato Puree
- Red Wine
- Beef Stock
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this veal & pancetta ragu…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT ONCE YOU’VE MADE THIS VEAL & PANCETTA RAGU?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Veal & Pancetta Ragu
- 50 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 400 g Veal Mince
- 25 g Butter
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 large clove Garlic minced
- 50 g Pancetta
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 150 ml Red Wine
- 300 ml Beef Stock
- 50 ml Milk
- Pasta of your choice and parmesan to serve
- In a large pot, sweat the onions in the oil over a low heat adding plenty of salt. After 5 minutes, add the garlic.
- After another 5 minutes add carrot followed by the butter. Increase the heat to medium and add the mince. Once it's browned add the pancetta and a little more salt and pepper.
- Add rosemary, bay leaf, tomato puree, nutmeg and red wine. Bring to a boil for 2-3 mins then add the beef stock and milk
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and rosemary sprigs and serve with a pasta of your choice and lots of fresh parmesan.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £10.99Was: £14.00
- Price: £5.00Was: £7.99
- Price: £4.01Was: £6.99