These veggie nachos are as good for feeding a crowd at a party as they are for a quick dinner! With quick black beans, plenty of cheese and an easy pico de gallo this is a dream vegetarian recipe.
Nachos for the win 🙌
Hands up who loves nachos? This version is the perfect party snack, weeknight dinner or easy weekend lunch which makes it pretty much the dream recipe.
Not to mention that it takes basically no time to put together and is so simple that anyone can do it!
I wanted to keep this recipe veggie as it not only means that it's suitable for veggies and meat eaters but it also keeps the prep time down since you don't need to make a chilli or pulled pork or whatever.
Although of course if you have any chilli or other cooked meats leftover there's nothing stopping you adding them to these nachos and they would definitely be delicious.
Other than the beans there's all your usual nacho additions including plenty of cheese, a quick pico and some sliced radish plus a few lime wedges for a final squeeze before serving.
Why we love these veggie nachos...
As the name suggests this is a vegetarian recipe and you could even switch the cheese for your favourite melting vegan cheese to make the whole recipe vegan.
They're great for a party as the recipe can easily be scaled up to serve loads of people but it's also a great recipe for a quick dinner or lunch.
You can keep most of the ingredients on hand for when you need a quick and easy snack or dinner and you could even use some short cuts like jarred salsa to make it even easier.
If you wanted to add any extra ingredients to this recipe you can try extra veggies or even some cooked chilli or meat spread across the top.
Vegetarian Nachos Ingredients
Black Beans: The beans are a quick mixture of vegetable oil, red onion, garlic, chilli, black beans and lime juice all blended together and dotted on top of the nachos.
Pico de Gallo: I love how delicious the combination of tomatoes, chilli, onion, coriander and lime is. It's the perfect partner to any and all Mexican food.
Tortilla Chips: Use your favourite brand.
Cheese: I use a combination of cheddar and gouda sprinkled on top and cooked until melty.
Toppings: For the final toppings I go with sliced radishes, lime wedges, coriander and sour cream. Perfect!
How to make black bean nachos
Make the beans: Fry the onion, chilli and garlic until softened then put in a food processor with the beans, lime juice, some water and salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
Assemble the nachos: Spread half the tortilla chips on a baking sheet and top with half the beans and cheese, repeat for the second layer.
Finish the nachos: Put the nachos in the oven. Mix together all of the pico de gallo ingredients and serve on top of the nachos with any other toppings of your choice.
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
Want more? Try these other vegetarian recipes!
- Potato Curry with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Pesto Pasta Bake with Giant Shells
- Winter Salad with Spicy Butternut Squash
- Vegetarian Thai Green Curry
- Hearty Quinoa Chilli with Beans
- Tortellini Soup with Kale
- Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Veggie Nachos with Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 Chilli deseeded and chopped
- 1 400g tin Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Lime juiced
- Salt and Pepper
For the nachos
- 2 180g bags Tortilla Chips
- 250 g Cheddar
- 250 g Gouda
- 1 Chilli sliced
- 5 Radishes thinly sliced
- Fresh Coriander to serve
- Sour Cream to serve
Pico de Gallo
- 6 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Chilli chopped
- ½ Onion chopped
- Small bunch Coriander chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 220°C. Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium high heat, add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook for a few minutes then transfer to a food processor.
- Add the beans, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of water to the food processor, season well and blend until smooth.
- Spread half the tortilla chips out on a baking sheet, top with half the beans and half the cheese. Repeat the second layer with the rest of the chips and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- While the nachos are baking make the pico de gallo by mixing together all of the ingredients. Serve the nachos topped with the pico, sliced chilli, radishes and coriander leaves.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!