When you need something healthy and spicy this vegetarian Thai green curry with tofu and broccoli is the perfect thing! Serve with fluffy rice for an easy weeknight dinner.
I love how simple and delicious this curry is!
Will loves Thai curries so I try to include the ingredients for one on the shopping list every now and then and this vegetarian green curry is one of my favourite versions.
I think tofu and broccoli are two of my favourite things to put in any type of curry as they really bulk it out while keeping it super healthy and good for you.
The sauce for this curry is a simple combination of store bought curry paste and coconut milk with a few extra goodies thrown in for bags of flavour.
It’s a super simple recipe which you could use with any of your favourite curry ingredients.
Why we love this vegetarian Thai green curry…
It’s such a simple and easy recipe which takes just 20-30 minutes from start to finish which means you can make it on the busiest of weeknights.
You can make it using whatever ingredients you like including meat if you prefer or you could skip the tofu and stick to all your favourite veggies.
This recipe is also great for leftovers and makes a delicious lunch the next day.
It’s also a healthy vegetarian/vegan recipe which we just love for a meatless Monday!
Tofu Green Curry Ingredients
Firm Tofu: Pressed and the cut into cubes and tossed with cornflour before frying until crispy.
Broccoli: Cut into florets. Or you could use another vegetable of your choice.
Coconut Milk: I use 2 tins of full fat for a super creamy and indulgent curry.
Green Curry Paste: Go for whatever your favourite brand is.
Soy Sauce: Or you could use fish sauce if you’re not concerned about keeping this recipe vegetarian.
Fresh Coriander: Chopped, to serve.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
How to make vegan Thai green curry
Prepare the tofu: Start by pressing the tofu to remove as much liquid as possible then cut into cubes and toss in the cornflour. Heat the olive oil and fry the tofu until crispy on all sides.
Make the curry: Put the coconut milk, soy sauce and curry paste in the pot and simmer for 10 minutes then add the broccoli and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Finish the curry: Stir the tofu through the curry then serve with rice and fresh coriander.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- LE CREUSET Signature Enamelled Cast Iron Round Casserole Dish with Lid, 22 cm, 3.3 Litre, Volcanic, 211772209Price: £143.42Was: £205.00
- Price: £24.50Was: £24.99
Want more? Try these other curry recipes!
- Peanut Curry with Tofu and Broccoli
- Cauliflower Lentil Curry with Spinach
- Tofu Curry with Cashew Coconut Sauce
- 15 Minute Chickpea & Spinach Curry
- 15 Minute Thai Prawn Curry
- Creamy Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- Chickpea Curry with Coconut Milk
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry
Vegetarian Thai Green Curry
- 400 g Firm Tofu
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 head of Broccoli cut into florets
- 2 400g tins Coconut Milk
- 2-4 tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce or you can use fish sauce if you're not worried about keeping it vegetarian
- Fresh Coriander chopped to serve
- Press the tofu for at least 10 minutes by wrapping in paper towels and placing under a plate with heavy cans or a skillet on top then cut into cubes and toss with the cornflour. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large soup pot, add the tofu and fry until crisp and browned on all sides. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce and curry paste to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes then add the broccoli and simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir through the tofu and serve with rice and sprinkled with coriander.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!