Thai prawn curry is a quick and easy dinner recipe made with red curry paste, spring onions and red pepper. It’s perfect served with rice or over noodles.
Spicy prawny goodness 🦐
This is such a good healthy dinner. Full of spice and flavour – it’s so much simpler to make than it tastes. I used a ready made Thai red curry paste because it makes this dish come together so quickly.
I love treating us to prawns sometimes on a weeknight. We don’t have them very often because they’re a bit more expensive than some other meats or keeping it veggie like we normally do on a weeknight.
I’ve been working on creating a whole collection of 15 minute recipes this year and it’s coming along nicely. From kimchi fried rice to noodle salad and salmon linguine there’s a whole load of 15 minute recipes to be found on the site now and they’re all guaranteed deliciousness.
Why we love this Thai prawn curry:
- First off it takes just 15 minutes to make so it’s the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner
- It’s a healthy recipe and you can add extra veggies or serve with brown rice or another healthy grain to make it even healthier
- This recipe is also gluten free and dairy free so it’s great for people with dietary restrictions
- It’s also a versatile recipe which you can make completely vegan by using vegetables instead of prawns and leaving out the fish sauce or you can try adding chicken or beef instead of the prawns
Prawn Thai Curry Ingredients:
- Thai Red Curry Paste: You can usually buy this in supermarkets but if not you could order it online (scroll down for a link to the brand we use)
- Coconut Milk: For that creamy richness
- Prawns: Try and get sustainably sourced ones if you can
- Red Pepper: Adds a lovely touch of sweetness and crunch
- Spring Onions
- Lime: Zest and juice
- Fish Sauce: I know it smells gross but it tastes amazing in this curry
- Fresh Coriander and Rice: To serve
Products from Amazon.co.uk‹ ›
Red Thai Prawn Curry Instructions:
- Fry the curry paste: Heat vegetable oil and add the curry paste, fry for a couple of minutes, then add the pepper and spring onion and stir to coat.
- Simmer the curry: Add the coconut milk, lime zest and juice, fish sauce and sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Add the prawns: Add the prawns to the curry then cook for another few minutes until the prawns are cooked through.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £4.52Was: £6.99
- Price: £21.06Was: £26.99
Expert tips for making Thai red prawn curry:
- To make this recipe vegan simply switch the prawns for extra veggies and leave out the fish sauce, it will still taste delicious!
- If you’re sensitive to spice you can adjust how much curry paste you use or add more coconut milk to make it milder
- If you want to make this curry healthier then you can add extra veggies like broccoli or spinach
- If you’d rather a different meat you could try adding chicken at the start of cooking or chunks of white fish
- How to serve prawn curry: I love this curry served with some plain rice and plenty of chopped coriander for a bright and fresh flavour
Want more? Try these other curry recipes!
- Jackfruit Seeds Curry
- Creamy Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- Easy Thai Green Curry
- Pressure Cooker Vegetable Curry
- Vegan Peanut Butter Miso Curry
- Creamy Prawn Curry with Potato
- Spicy Halloumi Curry with Potato
15 Minute Thai Prawn Curry
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 400g tin Coconut Milk
- 150 g Large Raw Prawns
- 1 Red Pepper sliced
- 70 g Spring Onions sliced
- 1 Lime zest and juice
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Fresh Coriander chopped, to serve
- Rice or Noodles to serve
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a large pot over a medium heat and add the curry paste. Fry for a couple of minutes until fragrant then add the pepper, spring onion, coconut milk, lime zest and juice, sugar and fish sauce.
- Bring to a simmer then add the prawns and cook for a couple more minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Serve with rice or noodles and chopped with coriander.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!