Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This healthy egg noodle salad is great served cold for a quick vegetarian dinner or summer side dish with a peanut sesame dressing. Add chicken or tofu for an even heartier dinner!
Welcome to summer with this noodle salad ☀️
Even though the summer is nowhere to be seen I’m pretending like it’s here with these sunny vegetarian noodles with crunchy broccoli, carrots and peppers.
It’s fresh and full of flavour thanks to the creamy and delicious sesame peanut dressing and a spritz of lime. I like to drizzle the whole thing with a little extra tahini just before serving for that extra nutty hit and O.M.G it’s so good.
I meal prepped these on a Saturday night (yes, my life is that exciting) and served them up for weekday lunches which made my workdays much more enjoyable and I highly recommend you do the same!
Why we love this noodle salad:
- It’s vegetarian which is full of healthy vegetables although you could definitely add some chicken if you like
- This salad is perfect for a summer dinner thanks to the cold and fresh noodles, crunchy veggies and nutty dressing
- The dressing is super creamy and tastes amazing tossed with the rest of the salad ingredients
- If you want to make this recipe vegan then make sure you switch the egg noodles for a different type
Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing Ingredients:
- Peanut Sesame Dressing: A delicious mixture of tahini, peanut butter (I use crunchy), soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic whisked together until smooth
- Noodles: I like medium egg noodles but you could switch them out for whatever your favourite type is
- Veggies: Carrots, peppers and broccoli go into this version of noodle salad
- Coriander: Or cilantro. Finely chopped and sprinkled over before serving
- Lime Wedges: For squeezing over before serving
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £14.95
- Price: £10.73
- Price: £1.89
- Price: Check on Amazon
Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing Instructions:
- Cook the noodles: According to packet instructions then refresh under cold water
- Make the sauce: Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until smooth
- Stir fry the vegetables: Heat a drizzle of over a high heat and add the vegetables, stir fry for 3 minutes. Tip out into a large bowl, add the noodles and pour over the sauce. Toss together and serve topped with coriander and lime wedges
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £12.43Was: £14.99
- Price: £7.04Was: £9.75
- Price: £17.29Was: £25.00
Expert Tips for Making Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing:
- If you feel like you need some extra protein in this dish then you could add cooked shredded chicken or fried tofu before serving
- This noodle salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container
- I like to served this salad with an extra drizzle of tahini before serving for an extra nutty flavour
- If the dressing is too thick you can thin it with a little water until you reach the desired consistency
- You can add any extra vegetables you like to this salad including spinach, kale or red onion
Want more? Try these other noodle recipes or check out all my summer salad recipes!
- Kimchi Udon
- Spicy Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Instant Pot Vietnamese Beef Pho
- Quick and Easy Thai Chicken Noodles
- Singapore Noodles
- Teriyaki Salmon with Udon Noodles
Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
For the dressing
For the noodle salad
- 4 nests Noodles
- 2 Carrots thinly sliced
- 2 Peppers thinly sliced
- 1 head Broccoli chopped into florets
- Small Bunch Coriander chopped
- Lime Wedges to serve
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Thin slightly with water if needed.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat, add the vegetables and stir fry for 3 minutes. Tip out into a large bowl, add the noodles and sauce and toss. Serve topped with coriander, lime wedges and extra tahini if desired.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!