This healthy egg noodle salad is great served cold for a quick vegetarian dinner or summer side dish with a peanut sesame dressing. Add chicken or tofu for an even heartier dinner!
Welcome to summer with this noodle salad ☀️
Even though the summer is nowhere to be seen I’m pretending like it’s here with these sunny vegetarian noodles with crunchy broccoli, carrots and red peppers.
It’s fresh and full of flavour thanks to the creamy and delicious sesame peanut dressing and a spritz of lime juice. I like to drizzle the whole thing with a little extra tahini just before serving for that extra nutty hit and O.M.G it’s so good.
I meal prepped these on a Saturday night (yes, my life is that exciting) and served them up for weekday lunches which made my workdays much more enjoyable and I highly recommend you do the same!
This is exactly the kind of meal I like to eat during the summer. Pasta salads and noodles salads have just the right amount of comfort food ingredients while still being light and fresh.
Why we love this noodle salad:
- It’s vegetarian which is full of healthy vegetables although you could definitely add some chicken if you like
- This salad is perfect for a summer dinner thanks to the cold and fresh noodles, crunchy veggies and nutty dressing
- The dressing is super creamy and tastes amazing tossed with the rest of the salad ingredients
- If you want to make this recipe vegan then make sure you switch the egg noodles for a different type
Ingredients you need to make this easy noodle salad:
- Peanut Sesame Dressing: A delicious mixture of tahini, peanut butter (I use crunchy), soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic whisked together until smooth
- Noodles: I like medium egg noodles but you could switch them out for whatever your favourite type is
- Veggies: Carrots, peppers and broccoli go into this version of noodle salad
- Coriander: Or cilantro. Finely chopped and sprinkled over before serving
- Lime Wedges: For squeezing over before serving
How to make noodle salad:
- Cook the noodles: According to packet instructions then refresh under cold water
- Make the sauce: Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until smooth
- Stir fry the vegetables: Heat a drizzle of over a high heat and add the vegetables, stir fry for 3 minutes. Tip out into a large bowl, add the noodles and pour over the sauce. Toss together and serve topped with coriander and lime wedges
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Expert Tips for Making Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing:
- If you feel like you need some extra protein in this dish then you could add cooked shredded chicken breast or fried tofu before serving
- This noodle salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container
- I like to served this salad with an extra drizzle of tahini before serving for an extra nutty flavour
- If the dressing is too thick you can thin it with a little water until you reach the desired consistency
- You can add any extra vegetables you like to this salad including spinach, kale or red onion or sprinkle chopped spring onions on top before serving
Which noodles to use?
The great thing about this noodle salad is that you can make it using whatever noodles you like! I went with egg noodles because they’re pretty hardy and I like the way they taste cold but you could try rice noodles or soba noodles or pretty much any others! Simply follow the packet instructions for cooking them.
How to store cold noodle salad?
The best thing about this noodle salad recipe is that it’s perfect for meal prep and works wonderfully as leftovers. To store simply portion out into containers and store in the fridge for 4 days.
Want more? Try these other noodle recipes or check out all my summer salad recipes!
- Kimchi Udon
- Spicy Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Instant Pot Vietnamese Beef Pho
- Quick and Easy Thai Chicken Noodles
- Singapore Noodles
- Teriyaki Salmon with Udon Noodles
Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
For the dressing
For the noodle salad
- 4 nests Noodles
- 2 Carrots thinly sliced
- 2 Peppers thinly sliced
- 1 head Broccoli chopped into florets
- Small Bunch Coriander chopped
- Lime Wedges to serve
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Thin slightly with water if needed.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat, add the vegetables and stir fry for 3 minutes. Tip out into a large bowl, add the noodles and sauce and toss. Serve topped with coriander, lime wedges and extra tahini if desired.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!