Vegan peanut curry is made with a mixture of Thai curry paste and coconut milk for a creamy sauce which is perfect with crispy tofu. This peanut butter curry is such an easy dinner!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…curries are just the perfect weeknight dinner ✨
I’ve gotta say this curry is one of the easiest I’ve made. Once you’ve fried up the tofu nice and crispy (a non-essential but delicious step), then you chuck everything else in the pot and simmer for a few minutes until the veggies are cooked through.
I like mine served with boiled rice and a spritz of extra lime and OMG it’s unbelievable how much flavour you get from these simple ingredients.
If you prefer you could serve it with another grain of your choice or even on its own as more of a soup-like deal. However you have it, I promise it’ll be delicious and will be a dream for leftovers too.
Why we love this peanut curry…
It’s an easy vegan recipe which uses plenty of vegetables and nice crispy tofu.
This curry is healthy thanks to all the veggies, the protein packed tofu and spices.
You can customise this recipe however you like. You can add any veggies you’ve got lying around or you can try a different protein.
It’s so incredibly easy to throw this curry together on a weeknight and you can keep all of the basics of the sauce on hand so that you can make it any time.
Peanut Butter Curry Ingredients
Tofu: Make sure to press it before cutting into cubes to make sure it gets brown and crispy
Coconut Milk: Try and get full fat for a creamier sauce
Peanut Butter: Crunchy or smooth will both work
Red Curry Paste: You can adjust how much you use to control the spice levels
Lime: This adds some much needed freshness and zing
Ginger, Soy Sauce and Sugar
Veggies: I went for red pepper and Tenderstem broccoli but you could use whatever you like
How to make peanut vegetable curry?
Prep the tofu: Press the tofu for at least 10 minutes then cut into cubes. Toss in cornflour and then fry until crispy on all sides.
Make the curry sauce: Put the coconut milk in the pot and add the peanut butter, curry paste, lime, ginger, soy sauce and sugar. Heat until combined.
Add the vegetables: Add the pepper and broccoli and bring to a simmer until the vegetables are slightly softened the add the tofu back to the curry. Serve with rice.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Le Creuset Signature Enamelled Cast Iron Round Casserole Dish With Lid, 22 cm, 3.3 Litres, Volcanic, 211772209Price: £143.50Was: £205.00
- Price: £20.46Was: £24.99
- Price: £16.49Was: £17.95
Want more? Try these other curry recipes!
- Instant Pot Vegetable Korma
- Cauliflower Lentil Curry with Spinach
- Restaurant Style Rogan Josh
- Tofu Curry with Coconut Cashew Sauce
- One Pot Pumpkin Curry
- Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- Thai Prawn Curry
- Creamy Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
Peanut Curry with Tofu & Broccoli
- 400 g Tofu
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 400g tin Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 Lime
- 2 tsp Ginger grated
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Red Pepper sliced
- 300 g Tenderstem Broccoli
- Press the tofu by placing under something heavy (I used a heavy skillet or some tins of foor) for at least 10 minutes then cut into cubes. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot and fry the tofu until browned on all sides. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pot and add the peanut butter, curry paste, soy sauce, sugar and juice of half the lime. Heat until the peanut butter and curry paste have melted into the sauce.
- Add the pepper and broccoli to the sauce and cook for a couple of minutes until slightly softened then add the tofu back to the curry. Serve with rice and the other half of the lime sliced into wedges.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!