This healthy chickpea and spinach curry is an easy vegan recipe which takes just 15 minutes to prepare! Serve with rice and naan for a filling dinner.
15 minute curries are the dreammm 🤗
In fact, 15 minute meals in general are all I want on a weeknight. It’s often pasta like this salmon linguine or mushroom tagliatelle but it turns out you can make an absolutely delicious curry in just 15 minutes.
This one has spinach and chickpeas which makes it both hearty and filling especially when it’s served with plenty of rice and naan. Oh and don’t forget the yoghurt and mango chutney.
I love how easy it is to make a big batch of this curry which will last you throughout the week for easy to reheat lunches or dinners.
Why we love this chickpea and spinach curry…
It takes just 15 minutes to make this curry which means you can absolutely throw it together on any busy weeknight
This curry is also vegan and gluten free so it’s great for serving up to anyone with dietary restrictions
It’s also made from almost entirely store cupboard and freezer ingredients which makes it perfect for a night when you don’t have time to go shopping
You can also make it your own by adding any other vegetables or adjusting the spice levels to your liking
Chickpea Spinach Curry Ingredients
Spices: Cumin seeds, coriander, turmeric, garlic, curry powder, ginger and cayenne pepper all go into this curry to make it super flavourful
Chickpeas: Tinned is fine for this curry and makes it so quick and easy
Spinach: You can use frozen or fresh spinach for this recipe, it just depends what you have on hand
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Spinach and Chickpea Curry Instructions
Fry the onions and spices: Heat the oil and add the onion followed by the cumin seeds and fry for a few minutes then add the rest of the spices and cook until fragrant
Simmer: Pour in the tomatoes and bring to a simmer for about 6 minutes
Finish: Add the chickpeas and spinach and cook for another few minutes until the spinach is cooked/defrosted then add the lemon juice
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Le Creuset Signature Enamelled Cast Iron Round Casserole Dish With Lid, 24 cm, 4.2 Litres, Volcanic, 211772409Price: £157.50Was: £225.00
Expert tips for making chickpea and spinach curry
This curry is great for meal prep and the flavours in the curry only get better when they’ve been able to sit and develop for a while
If you don’t like it spicy then you can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to make it milder
Want more? Try these other curry recipes!
- Thai Paleo Panang Curry
- 15 Minute Thai Prawn Curry
- Best Ever Thai Green Curry
- Creamy Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- Kerala Crab Curry
- Pressure Cooker Vegetable Curry
15 Minute Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 2 400g tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 400g tins Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 200 g Frozen or Fresh Chopped Spinach
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Fresh Coriander chopped, to serve
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the onion, fry for a couple of minutes then add the cumin seeds and fry for a couple of minutes more.
- Add the coriander, turmeric, garlic, curry powder, ginger and cayenne and stir to coat, cook until fragrant, about a minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the tomatoes and bring to a boil, simmer over a medium heat for about 6 minutes then add the chickpeas and frozen spinach and simmer for another 4-5 minutes until the spinach is defrosted into the sauce.
- Add the lemon juice and serve with rice or naan (or both!) and topped with fresh coriander.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!