I am obsessed with these buffalo tofu wraps! They're great for a vegetarian dinner or to meal prep for easy work lunches.
Crunchy tofu is just so delicious!
I love these wraps. I'd been wanting to try making something with buffalo sauce for a while but I didn't just want to go down the classic chicken route.
Then I thought about how delicious buffalo sauce would be on basically anything crunchy and fried and tofu seemed like the most obvious choice.
The tofu strips are coated in panko and white breadcrumbs before they're baked until super crispy.
Why we love these wraps...
They're a great vegetarian lunch or dinner idea packed with delicious ingredients and with a spicy kick.
I make suggestions of what to include in your wraps below but you can really add anything you like to them which is the whole fun of a wrap like this in my opinion.
They're really easy to make, especially because you avoid any deep frying by baking the tofu once it's coated in the breadcrumbs. This also gives you time to prep all your other ingredients.
You can also meal prep these wraps and take them into work for lunches or out and about...are we ready to discuss picnic food yet?!
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
Extra Firm Tofu: As you're trying to get nice crispy chunks of tofu I'd recommend getting the firmest tofu you can find. If you can only get firm rather than extra firm just make sure you press it for a little long to remove as much moisture as possible.
Seasonings: For the tofu I just use salt, pepper and garlic powder. The flavour really comes in once they're fried and coated in the buffalo sauce but if you want to add more spice at this stage with chilli powder or something similar then go ahead!
Flour/Eggs/Breadcrumbs: These are all used in the process of coating the tofu. I use a mixture of white and panko breadcrumbs but you could just use one or the other if you don't want to buy both.
Buffalo Sauce: For the tofu glaze and extra drizzle in the wraps I heat a mixture of buffalo sauce (I used Franks), butter and honey. This makes the perfect slightly sticky and sweet, rich hot sauce. I love it so much!
The Wraps: As mentioned above you can fill these wraps however you choose but I kept it pretty classic buffalo with freshly crumbled blue cheese, a nice crunchy lettuce and a creamy sauce - I used mayo but ranch would also be delicious.
How to make them
Prep the tofu: Start by lining a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and pressing the tofu then put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. Add the seasoning to the flour and mix.
Cook the tofu: Cut the tofu into strips, coat in the flour, eggs and then breadcrumbs and place on the baking sheet. Bake the tofu for 25 minutes until crispy.
Finish the wraps: Make the buffalo sauce by cooking the buffalo sauce, honey and butter together. Brush the tofu with the sauce then put all of your ingredients in a wrap and enjoy.
Want more? Try these other tofu recipes!
- Peanut Butter Curry with Tofu & Broccoli
- Sesame Tofu with Soy Marinade
- Tofu Curry with Cashew Coconut Sauce
- Peanut Tofu Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
- Korean Baked Tofu Rice Bowls
- Spicy Tofu Sandwich with Pink Pickled Onions
- Air Fryer Firecracker Tofu
Buffalo Tofu Wraps with Blue Cheese
For the Tofu
- 400 g Extra Firm Tofu
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 50 g Plain Flour plus more if needed
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 25 g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 25 g White Breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil
- 150 ml Buffalo Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Honey
For the Wraps
- 4 large Wraps
- Crunchy Lettuce chopped
- Blue Cheese crumbled
- Mayonnaise/Ranch/Blue Cheese Dressing
- Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and brush with a little olive oil. Press the tofu for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the flour and beaten eggs into two separate bowls then mix the two breadcrumbs together in a third. Add some garlic powder, salt and pepper to the flour and mix.
- Cut the tofu into strips. Dip each strip in the flour, tossing to coat, then dip in the eggs then the breadcrumbs and press to coat. Place on the lined backing sheet. Bake the tofu strips for 10 minutes then flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- While the tofu cooks mix the buffalo sauce, butter and honey in a saucepan over a low heat until the butter melts. Whisk to combine. When the tofu is done brush each piece with the buffalo sauce.
- Heat the wraps slightly in the microwave or oven. Put a handful of lettuce, a few pieces of tofu, some crumbled blue cheese and a drizzle of mayonnaise/ranch on each wrap. Roll tightly and serve with extra buffalo sauce.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!