This vegan quinoa chilli recipe is such a hearty and warming Mexican inspired dinner! Vegetarian chilli makes for a delicious weeknight recipe and it's so easy too.
Super filling, super tasty and super easy!
Ok guys, it's winter, it's cold, rainy and miserable outside and we're all desperately in need of a big bowl of spicy comfort food and I have got you covered with this quinoa chilli!
We made this just after I went back to work after Christmas and I was in desperate need of a quick dinner. Luckily this chilli is really quick to make while still being completely packed with flavour.
I served it topped with all my favourite chilli toppings including some grated cheddar, creme fraiche, avocado and coriander leaves and it was just so delicious.
Why we love this quinoa chilli...
It's such a quick and easy recipe which makes it perfect for a weeknight in the dead of winter when you need something extra easy and delicious.
This recipes is extra healthy thanks to being packed with quinoa and beans plus nourishing and warming spices.
You can add any extra vegetables you like to this recipe to make it even healthier, some spinach stirred though before serving would be delicious!
Vegan Chilli with Quinoa Ingredients
Spices: I use a mixture of garlic, dried oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, cocoa powder and cinnamon to get the most flavour possible into this chilli.
Chopped Tomatoes and Vegetable Stock: Make up the liquids in this recipe.
Beans: I used a mixture of kidney beans and black beans but you can use whatever you like.
Dried Quinoa: Stirred through and cooked in the sauce.
[amazon_link asins='B07XHN3G93,B00MWTMSCA,B00AYY2582,B00U9UHS8I' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='a297040e-f88b-4cbd-ace9-fd642d0573f1']
Veggie Chilli with Quinoa Instructions
Cook the onion and spices: Heat the olive oil and add the onion and fry gently until softened then add the garlic and all the spices and cook until fragrant.
Finish the chilli: Pour in the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for another 25 minutes until cooked through.
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
[amazon_link asins='B00YUZ1KDC,B0071QN00S,B000ZNM51O' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='49ffa675-19bf-4b0c-93b0-99cb6fa37edd']
Want more? Try these other vegan recipes!
- Spicy Lentil Soup with Coconut
- Peanut Curry with Tofu & Broccoli
- Jackfruit Tacos
- Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches with Avocado Sauce
- Cauliflower Lentil Curry with Spinach
- Smoky Bean Stew with Kale
- Brussels Sprouts Kale Caesar Salad
Hearty Quinoa Chilli with Beans
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- ½ tablespoon Dried Oregano
- ½ tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ½ tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ tablespoon Cumin
- ½ tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 400g tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 400g tin Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 400g tin Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 150 ml Vegetable Stock
- 100 g Dried Quinoa
- Grated Cheddar, Fresh Coriander, Avocado and Creme Fraiche to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes until softened then add the garlic and all the spices and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the beans, tomatoes and plenty of seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes then pour in the stock and quinoa. Cook for another 25 minutes then serve with your choice of toppings.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!