These crispy baked cauliflower wings are coated in panko breadcrumbs and served drizzled with honey and plenty of hot sauce for bags of flavour!
Fun and fancy cauliflower bites!
I’m calling them cauliflower wings but are we fully on board with that fake wing concept? I don’t know, you could also think of them as cauliflower bites or crispy coated cauliflower. Whatever you want to call them…they are tasty!
The actual cauliflower part is pretty simple – each floret is coated in egg, flour and panko breadcrumbs mixed with paprika.
Once they’re baked and they’re super crispy and cooked through you just need to grab you favourite hot sauce and some honey. A drizzle of both will give you the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.
Why we love these cauliflower wings…
They’re a great vegetarian alternative to chicken wings or any other of your usual bite sized snacks. You can serve these up at your next garden gathering and I promise they’ll be a hit.
It’s such an easy recipe to follow with just a couple of steps which means pretty much anybody can make it whatever your skill level.
You can definitely switch up the sauces and adapt the recipe to your preferences. The honey and hot sauce are an amazing combination but if you’d rather BBQ, ketchup…whatever then go for it!
Crunchy Cauliflower Bites Ingredients
Cauliflower: This is cut up into bite sized florets.
Eggs, Flour, Panko & Paprika: Are your big four when it comes to coating your cauliflower.
Hot Sauce: You can really go for any hot sauce you like, pick your favourite! I went with sriracha.
Honey: Just a drizzle at the end adds the perfect sweetness to set off the heat from the hot sauce.
How to make panko cauliflower wings
Coat the cauliflower: Dip each piece of cauliflower in the beaten egg followed by a mixture of panko, flour and paprika then place on a line baking sheet.
Cook: Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
Serve: Drizzle the cauliflower wings with a little honey and serve with hot sauce on the side.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Want more? Try these other cauliflower recipes!
- Roast Cauliflower Soup with Preserved Lemon & Miso
- Cauliflower Bake with Tomato & Mozzarella
- Cheesy Cauliflower Steak with Pine Nuts
- Cauliflower Lentil Curry with Spinach
- Cauliflower Fritters with Tahini Yoghurt Dip
- Creamy Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- Crispy Cauliflower Sandwiches
Panko Cauliflower Wings with Honey & Hot Sauce
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 Eggs
- 120 g Plain Flour
- 100 g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Hot Sauce
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Whisk together the eggs in a bowl. Mix the flour, breadcrumbs and paprika on a plate. Dip each piece of cauliflower in the egg then toss in the breadcrumbs to coat and place on a greaseproof paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes until browned and crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with the honey and put back in the oven for 5 minutes then serve with hot sauce of your choice on the side.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!