This chilli paneer tray bake uses classic Indian flavours for a simple vegetarian dinner. Peppers, red onion and paneer are tossed in spices and roasted then served with a herby coriander sauce.
Tray bakes, sheet pan dinners, whatever you call them they’re guaranteed amazingness thanks to how super easy they are.
Will and I only recently discovered how fantastic paneer is. Up until a few months ago I hadn’t ever tried it and now I just can’t understand what I was thinking!
It’s pretty similar to halloumi which is one of my favourite foods so it makes perfect sense that I would love paneer almost as much.
So far I’ve only made one other recipe for the blog with paneer and it’s this paneer tikka masala which is one of the most delicious curries I’ve made in a really long time. Plus it’s only five ingredients!
But now I’m bringing out my second one and it might be even better.
I used all my favourite spices including a big helping of curry powder to get all of the paneer and vegetables coated in plenty of flavour.
After that they’re simply spread on a baking sheet and roasted until crispy and full of that sweet roasted vegetable flavour. Then just drizzle over a little coriander yoghurt sauce and serve with naan, I like mine wrapped right up in the naan. Perfection!
Why we love this chilli paneer recipe:
- This is a sheet pan dinner which means that you can chuck it all onto one tray and shove it in the oven so it’s so super easy and quick to make
- It’s vegetarian so great for avoiding meat
- You can adjust the level of heat according to your liking so make it as spicy or mild as you like
- It’s a healthy weeknight dinner with plenty of vegetables and a light and fresh yoghurt sauce
Chilli Paneer Tray Bake Ingredients:
To make this simple recipe, all you need is:
- Paneer: You can buy paneer in most supermarkets now, it’s in the cheese section.
- Peppers & Onions: I like to use peppers and onions in this recipe because they come out so well when roasted but you could add in any other vegetables you like.
- Spices: I use ginger, garlic, chilli powder, cumin and curry powder and it is the most flavourful combination, I love it!
- Coriander: To make that gorgeous green coriander sauce. Use leftovers on this prawn curry
- Yoghurt: Giving that delicious tang to the sauce and cutting through all that spice. Use up any extra on these salmon burgers
Products from Amazon.co.uk
How To Make Chilli Paneer Tray Bake with Coriander Sauce:
All you need to do to make this recipe is:
- Mix paneer with spices: Start by whisking together the spices with the olive oil then add the paneer, red onion and pepper and mix until coated.
- Spread out on a baking sheet: Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Make the coriander sauce: Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a mini blender then serve with the paneer tray bake and naan bread.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £3.99
- Price: £8.99Was: £9.95
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: £14.99
Chilli Paneer Tray Bake Variations:
- Use different vegetables: Anything you know roasts well will work here. Sweet potato would be good or even mushroom or cherry tomatoes.
- Try different spices: If there are other spices you have on hand then try adding them here, dried coriander or chilli flakes would be delicious.
- Serve with rice: For a heartier meal.
Want more? Try these other vegetarian recipes!
- The Ultimate Vegan Burger
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Thyme
- Spicy Cauliflower Soup
- Vegetarian Sausage Casserole
- Chipotle Vegetable Soup
- Roasted Vegetable Calzone
Chilli Paneer Tray Bake with Coriander Sauce
- 250 g Paneer cubed
- 2 Peppers whichever colours you prefer, chopped into chunks
- 2 Red Onions chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
For the Coriander Sauce
- 25 g Coriander (Cilantro)
- 1/2 Green Chilli deseeded
- 1/2 tsp Ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Yoghurt
- Naan Bread to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Put the olive oil, chilli powder, curry powder, cumin, ginger and garlic in a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Add the paneer cubes, pepper and onion and toss until coated by the mixture. Tip onto a baking sheet and spread so that everything is in one layer. Put it in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While the paneer is cooking make the sauce. Put the coriander, chilli, ginger, garlic, cumin, lemon juice and sugar in a mini chopper or blender and blitz until everything is chopped. Add the yoghurt and mix again. Season to taste. Serve the paneer with naan breads and the coriander sauce.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!