Leftover turkey soup is the perfect way to use up your Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey! Fragrant broth with noodles and topped with a soft boiled egg will get rid of your post holiday blues.
I love leftover turkey recipes. There is nothing better than using your leftovers from an amazing festive meal to make another incredible meal the next day.
It’s so satisfying and each year I build my repertoire and add new ways to use leftover turkey to my list. The classic is always this leftover turkey curry but now I think this version of turkey ramen is going to be making a very regular appearance at my post Christmas dinners.
Ok, so I know it might seem a little early for this nonsense but hear me out. I just think it’s important to be prepared you know?
I also wanted to create something for my American friends (hi!) who will be needing something to do with those Thanksgiving leftovers.
It sure seems like these celebrations are forever away but there is a definite chill in the air and before we know it it’ll be time to start prepping for some of the best dinners of the year (I’m talking about the leftovers obviously).
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS LEFTOVER TURKEY SOUP WITH NOODLES:
- White Miso – This is the one I use and it tastes good and lasts forever. Use up leftovers in this pork and courgette ramen
- Tahini – If you can’t find it in your local shop you can get it here. Try any extra in this baked aubergine recipe
- Chicken/Turkey Stock
- Soy Sauce
- Leftover Turkey
- Spring Onions
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this leftover turkey soup with noodles…
So what are our requirements for leftover turkey recipes?
First, and probably most important, is that they’re quick to make.
After spending Thanksgiving/Christmas making massive meals and toiling away in the kitchen you need something that’s going to take no more than half an hour to make.
Seriously, you need to get back to your relaxing and enjoying the holiday time ASAP.
Second, it’s nice if they’re a little healthier.
Of course this isn’t absolutely necessary and if you wanted something carby and cheesy I totally wouldn’t judge but after all that heavy food over the holiday season it’s nice to have something a little lighter before you get back to your massive cheese board (no? Just me?).
Finally, they need to taste amazing to make them worthy of eating during your holiday season.
You can’t just be eating any old rubbish. You need something that tastes as good as all the other food you’ll be eating around Christmas.
So now we’ve established the most important elements of a holiday leftovers recipe let’s talk about about what to do with leftover turkey. Here’s where this leftover turkey noodle soup comes in.
It’s quick, easy, healthy and tastes amaaaaazing. Pretty much smashing my list of requirements for a leftover turkey recipe right there.
So you start off by making your flavourful broth with a mixture of stock (if you’ve been organised enough to make turkey stock then that’s perfect but, let’s be real, chicken stock works just as well), aromatics including garlic and ginger, plus some soy sauce.
Once that’s done simply add your leftover turkey, cooked noodles and spring onions and serve topped with a soft boiled egg, chilli flakes, coriander, sesame seeds and basically anything else you like.
And that’s it.
It’s so easy, uses mostly store cupboard ingredients and is fresh and healthy.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS LEFTOVER TURKEY NOODLE SOUP WITH A DIFFERENT MEAT?
If you want to try making this any other time of year it would work perfectly with any other leftover meat so give it a go after your next roast dinner.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY SOUP FROM LEFTOVERS (STEP BY STEP):
- Place the stock, aromatics, miso and tahini in a large pot and cook for about 10 minutes. Drain to remove the ginger then return to the heat.
- Add the leftover turkey and heat through for a few minutes.
- Place the noodles in bowls and ladle over soup. Serve with your favourite toppings.
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe…
Want more? Get all my other soup recipes before you go or try one of the below!
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Coconut Noodle Soup with Mushrooms and Edamame
- Tom Yum Soup
- Veggie Pesto Pasta Soup with Kale
- Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup with White Beans
Leftover Turkey Soup with Noodles
- 2 tsp Garlic crushed
- 2 tsp Ginger chopped
- 4 tbsp White Miso
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1.5 litres Chicken or Turkey Stock
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 nests Noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 300 g Leftover Turkey Meat shredded or chopped
- 2 Spring Onions chopped, white and green parts separated
- 4 Eggs boiled to your liking
- 1 Lime sliced, to serve
- Sesame Seeds, Chopped Coriander, Nigella Seeds to serve
- Put the garlic, ginger, miso, tahini, chicken or turkey stock and soy sauce into a large stock pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes and then drain and discard the aromatics and return to the heat.
- Add the turkey and the white part of the spring onions to the stock. Split the noodles between four bowls and ladle over the stock. Serve topped with your choice of toppings, we went with lime slices, sesame seeds, chopped coriander and nigella seeds.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £5.49