If you need a quick weeknight dinner that’s guaranteed to impress then this Moroccan lamb burger flatbread recipe is what you need!
We really like having lamb mince on hand. It makes a really nice change from beef and it can be pretty versatile.
Ingredients you need for these Moroccan lamb burger flatbreads:
- Lamb Mince (Ground Lamb) – Easy to get hold of and give these burgers an amazing flavour!
- Fresh Mint – One of my all time favourite herbs 😍
- Cumin and Aleppo Pepper – For that spicy flavour
- Red Onion
- Salt, Pepper and Vegetable Oil
- Yellow Pepper and Red Onion – To up the veg content and give some beautiful colour!
- Greek Yoghurt, Chilli Paste and Garlic – Simply mixed together to make the most amazing chilli yoghurt
- Flatbreads, Feta and Fresh Coriander to serve
Burgers and meatballs are some of my favourite things to do with lamb mince because they’re easy, tasty and you can do so many different things with them.
Lamb is used a lot in Greek and Moroccan food so that it can really shine. Just like in this Greek lamb burger recipe the addition of feta and roasted vegetables really accentuates the flavour of the meat.
If you’re eating these in the summer then sling them on the barbecue and they’ll come out fantastic.
We decided to do a similar thing with these Moroccan lamb burger flatbreads. The meat is flavoured with one of our favourite spices, aleppo pepper, along with cumin and some garlic, red onion and fresh mint.
We’re lucky enough to have a nearby shop that stocks aleppo pepper but if you can’t find it anywhere then you can order some right here:
The burgers are then fried in a hot skillet to get all nice and crispy on the outside before stuffing into flatbreads with some roasted vegetables. Topped with some crumbled feta, chilli yoghurt and a big handful of fresh coriander (cilantro). Oooooh yeah.
There’s plenty more meat recipes to be found on my website!
Keep scrolling for the full recipe…
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS ONCE YOU’VE MADE THESE MOROCCAN LAMB BURGER FLATBREADS?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Moroccan Lamb Burger Flatbreads with Chilli Yoghurt
For the Burgers
- 500 g Lamb Mince
- 1 tsp Fresh Mint chopped
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Aleppo Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1/2 Red Onion finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 Yellow Pepper sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Paste
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 4 Flatbreads
- 75 g Feta crumbled
- Bunch Fresh Coriander (Cilantro)
- Mix the lamb, mint, cumin, aleppo pepper, garlic, red onion and a sprinkling of salt and pepper together in a bowl. Form into four patties. Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Cook the burgers for 5-7 minutes on both sides then place on a plate and keep warm.
- Place the sliced pepper and onion on a baking tray and mix with the olive oil along with a little salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile mix together the yoghurt, chilli paste and one crushed garlic clove. Stuff each flatbread with a quarter of the vegetables and feta, a burger, coriander leaves and a scoop of yoghurt.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!