This potato, bacon and mushroom hash is a quick meal which works for breakfast, brunch, lunch and even dinner! The addition of paprika adds a great smoky flavour.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Hey! Did you have a good weekend? I had to work on Saturday afternoon at a book thing which actually ended up being really fun. Afterwards I went out for dinner with some old work friends and then went to see Will djing. Sunday was spent seeing some friends for lunch who we haven't seen for far too long and are expecting their first baby in a few months. Super excited to hear about all their news!
Anyway, on to the recipe!
Last week was really hectic at work. I haven't really talked much about my job on here but as you may have seen on my about page I work in the fast paced world of children's publishing. Legit though there's been a lot going on and by the time I get home I need something to eat fast.
I am also a huge fan of breakfast food at any time other than breakfast. Basically just eggs. All the time eggs. Ok...and bacon.
So this hash then. Potatoes browned first on their own and then with the bacon and mushrooms which gives everything a richly indulgent flavour. Then you add some smoked paprika and it just takes everything to the next level of deliciousness.
Finally, you nestle some eggs in between the potatoes and let everything cook a bit longer until the whites are set and the yolks are nice a runny. Top everything with a handful of chopped parsley and you've got a delicious meal any time of day!
Get loads more breakfast recipes right here 🍳
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS POTATO, BACON AND MUSHROOM HASH?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Potato, Bacon and Mushroom Hash
- Vegetable Oil
- 3-4 Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 200 g Smoked Bacon Lardons
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Portobello Mushroom sliced
- 4 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Small Bunch Fresh Parsley chopped
- In a large skillet or frying pan heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil over a medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes before adding the bacon, mushroom and onion and cooking for another 10 minutes, covered.
- By now the potatoes should be soft enough to put a knife through easily. Add the paprika, oregano and a sprinkling of salt and pepper (you might want to go easy on the salt since the bacon will already be pretty salty).
- Make 4 indents in the potato mixture and add an egg into each one. Cover the pan again and cook for about 10 minutes or until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle with the fresh parsley and serve.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…