Sausage and bean casserole is perfect weekend comfort food but it works just as well served up at a dinner party! It can be made all in one pot so you can sit back and relax!
Hey friends! How was everyone's Christmas? We had such. a. lovely. time. It was a very grown up Christmas with my parents featuring delicious food and loads of amazing presents.
My family are always crazy generous with presents and this year was no exception and Will got me an electric pressure cooker (instant pot type deal) so get ready for some new pressure cooker recipes in the new year!
This was also our first Christmas with Bernie (our cat) who was mostly thoroughly overwhelmed by the extra people staying in our flat and all of the huge amounts of presents and extra things all over the place.
He did very much enjoy his presents though, if you're following me on instagram then you probably saw my stories showing him enjoying plenty of catnip toys!
So tell me, tell me, tell me, how was your break? Did you get some amazing presents? Did you spend lovely time with your family and friends? Most importantly, did you eat some incredible food?
Anyways, let's talk about this sausage and bean casserole real quick. It's started off on the cooktop and then once everything is cooked through it's popped in the oven with panko on top to get all crispy and lovely.
This casserole just makes me think about being at home. I'm not sure my mum actually even ever made a sausage casserole like this but she killed at making classic comfort food like this and those flavours just make me feel so happy.
See also, this pressure cooker chicken casserole which is inspired by my mum's recipe.
I mean, let's be honest, there is not much special about British food but we sure know how to make stodgy comfort food like this sausage and bean casserole.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE:
- Olive Oil
- Sausages - Use your favourite kind, I like herby ones
- Red Wine
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chicken Stock
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
[amazon_link asins='B014DFKXKY,B003TJATIC' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='f816f5a4-c1d1-11e8-a83b-d1278d6d2495']
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe for this sausage and bean casserole with breadcrumb topping...
This is such perfect comfort food, it's got winter dinner written all over it!
P.S. Get loads more yummy soup and stew recipes here!
Keep scrolling to get the full recipe...
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS SAUSAGE AND BEAN STEW WITH BREADCRUMB TOPPING?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Sausage and Bean Stew with Breadcrumb Topping
- Olive Oil
- 10 Shallots finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks Celery chopped
- 8 Sausages choose whichever type you like, we use Lincolnshire
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 200 ml Red Wine
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 500 ml Chicken Stock
- 2 400g tins Beans we used butter and borlotti, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoon Panko Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in an oven proof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, carrot and celery and cook for another 5 minutes until everything is beginning to soften. Then pop the sausages and sprigs of rosemary into the pot and cook until the sausages are browned all over.
- Add the wine and simmer until the liquid has nearly all gone then add the tomatoes, stock and beans and simmer for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the panko over the top of the casserole and place in the oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs have browned. Serve.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
[amazon_link asins='B00V86WGB6,B00HEZ888K,B01LWXDP3O,B003ASATPA' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='33487699-c1d2-11e8-befe-99cf385c0e3d']