Simple veggie sausage tray bake for the win! This recipe is super quick and easy and packed with healthy ingredients and a delicious red wine dressing.
Hands up who needs an easy tray bake meal right now 🙋
Recipes like this can save your weeknight cooking game. They're so simple, so versatile and the flavour to effort ratio is just a dream.
For this one you just need some sausages of your choice (I used vegetarian ones), your favourite veggies, a bit of cheese and rocket. While everything's cooking you can whip up the dressing and you're done!
The dressing is a mixture of olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic and it add the perfect tang to this dish.
Why we love this recipe...
It's really easy to customise by changing up the vegetables you add which makes it great for using up anything that's wilting in the fridge or just choosing your favourites.
We keep it vegetarian by choosing our favourite brand of veggie sausages but you could just as easily add a meat sausage if that's what you prefer.
It would also be so easy to make it vegan by making sure you use a vegan sausage and skipping the cheese that's added just before serving.
The leftovers are also really tasty - we served ours the next day for lunch but chucking everything in a pan and frying for a couple of minutes until heated through and it brought the whole thing back to life for a second day.
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
Sausages: The type you use here is really up to you - meat, vegetarian and vegan sausages all work here, just keep an eye on the cooking time on the package and adjust the recipe accordingly. You might need to add the sausages in later if they need a shorter cooking time than the vegetables.
Veggies: I went for broccoli and mushroom because I love the different textures and flavours here but you could use anything that roasts well.
Rocket (Arugula): This makes a great peppery topping to this dish but watercress would also work if you prefer it.
Manchego: I love the smooth saltiness of manchego here but a parmesan would also work. Make sure whatever you choose is suitable for vegetarians if required.
Dressing: This is a simple mix of olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic.
How to make this sausage tray bake
Roast the sausages and vegetables: Put the sausages, broccoli and mushroom in a baking tray with plenty of olive oil and salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
Make the dressing: Whisk together the dressing ingredients. After the 20 minutes is up pour half the dressing over the ingredients and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
Finish the dish: When you're ready to serve top everything with rocket, the rest of the dressing and shavings of cheese.
Want more? Try these other sausage recipes!
- Creamy Tagliatelle with Squash and Sausage
- Sausage Pasta with Peppers & Tomato Sauce
- Vegetarian Sausage Pasta Bake
- Veggie Sausage Bake with Potatoes
- Vegetarian Sausage Casserole
- Smoked Sausage & Rice One Skillet Meal
Sausage Tray Bake with Broccoli & Mushrooms
- 8 Sausages I used vegetarian sausages
- 500 g Mushrooms of your choice, quartered
- 1 head Broccoli cut into florets
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 60 g Rocket
- Manchego shaved, for serving
- 5 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Put the sausages, mushrooms and broccoli on a sheet pan and drizzle over plenty of olive oil. Add salt and pepper and toss everything together. Spread in a single layer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and set aside. Take the sheet pan out the oven, pour over half the dressing and toss everything together. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once everything's finished cooking top with the rocket and drizzle over the rest of the dressing. Sprinkle over shavings of manchego and season with salt and pepper before serving with crusty bread.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!