This summer gnocchi skillet is full of fresh vegetables and chewy pillows of gnocchi. It only takes one pan and can come together in half an hour.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
I really like gnocchi but Will isn't such a fan so we don't eat it very often.
Sometimes, like on the day we had this skillet, I just buy it in the hope I'll convince Will that it's actually super yummy. With this meal I think I might just have convinced him.
At least, he ate it all and then declared he liked this better than the last time we had gnocchi. I'm taking that as a win.
This summer gnocchi skillet combines some fresh summer vegetables including courgette and tomatoes with chewy pillows of gnocchi and a sprinkling of parmesan and basil.
It's also all made in one pan (ok, ok, apart from the one you need to cook the gnocchi in) which makes it perfect for a summer evening when you don't want to be spending hours washing up (not that you want to spend hours doing that on any day I guess).
For reals I am loving this summer feeling. I'm actually a little scared that it's going to be August next week.
I know that everyone in the whole world says this but time just goes so fast.
This year has probably been my speediest year yet, it will be Christmas any second so I need to take advantage of eating as many tomatoes and courgettes that actually taste of something while I still can.
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS SUMMER GNOCCHI SKILLET?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Use up leftover cherry tomatoes and basil in this summery pasta salad!
Or you could use up tomatoes in this cheesy summer comfort food!
Summer Gnocchi Skillet
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Courgette (Zucchini) chopped
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Handful Olives halved
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 500 g Gnocchi
- Fresh Basil chopped
- 25 g Parmesan grated
- 150 g Mozzarella sliced
- Preheat the oven for 200°C. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over a medium heat and put a pan of salted water on to heat up for cooking the gnocchi. Add the onion to the oil and fry for a few minutes before adding the garlic.
- Put the gnocchi in the water and cook according to package instructions. Once the garlic has been in the pan for 2 minutes add the courgette and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the tomatoes, olives and cooked gnocchi along with the oregano and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Cook everything for a few minutes then remove from the heat. Top with the mozzarella slices and place in the oven for 10 minutes to allow the mozzarella to melt. Serve topped with chopped basil and a good shaving of parmesan.
Did you make this recipe?Make sure you follow The Cook Report on Instagram and tag #TheCookReport so we can see what you've made!
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
[amazon_link asins='B00006JSUB,B077SRHSSJ,B00GMMA7LC,B00537PF9G,B00HEZ888K' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='33c75586-893a-11e8-b500-0d291a8add77']