This simple salmon gnocchi bake has a creamy lemon and mascarpone sauce tossed with dill and spinach and topped with a sprinkling of grated parmesan.
Light and fresh summer comfort food is where it’s at.
So I guess it sounds weird to call this light but there’s something about the super herby mascarpone and plenty of fresh spinach which makes this gnocchi bake feel pretty summery.
It also uses canned salmon which is one of my all time favourite store cupboard ingredients. I use it to make salmon pasta, salmon burgers and spicy salmon linguine and now this salmon baked gnocchi.
This whole dish needs just 7 ingredients to make so it’s totally the kind of thing you want to make on a summer weeknight, especially here in the UK where summer definitely doesn’t guarantee nice weather.
Why we love this salmon gnocchi bake:
- It’s so easy to make this recipe which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner
- It uses canned salmon which makes it a pretty store cupboard friendly recipe
- It’s easily customisable by adding any extra vegetables to the mix that you like
- It has a creamy lemon sauce made with mascarpone and dill
Salmon Gnocchi Bake Ingredients:
- Salmon: I used tinned salmon for this recipe which makes it so easy and simple to make
- Spinach: Fresh baby leaf spinach tastes delicious in this dish
- Mascarpone: Gently melted into a sauce
- Lemon: Zest and juice added to the mascarpone for a bright freshness
- Dill: This works so well with the salmon flavour
- Gnocchi: This is cooked and then stirred through the mascarpone
- Parmesan: Grated and sprinkled over the gnocchi before baking
How to make salmon gnocchi bake:
- Cook the gnocchi: According to packet instruction then drain and set aside.
- Make the sauce: Heat the mascarpone in a small saucepan over medium heat and add the lemon juice and zest and the dill then stir in the spinach and wilt. Add the salmon and remove from the heat.
- Make the gnocchi bake: Stir the gnocchi and sauce together in a large bowl then add to a baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes and serve.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £34.99Was: £69.99
- Price: £16.45Was: £17.95
- H&S® Manual Lemon Squeezer - Heavy Duty - Juice Extractor Single Press Hand Lime Citrus Fruit JuicerPrice: £9.99Was: £29.99
Expert tips for making salmon gnocchi bake:
- To make this recipe gluten free simply use your favourite brand of gluten free gnocchi
- Feel free to switch out the parmesan for another cheese if you prefer
- If you’re not a fan of dill then you could try using parsley or basil instead
- You could use any extra vegetables you like in this gnocchi bake although you may need to increase the amount of mascarpone slightly. Broccoli or kale would work well
Want more? Try these other gnocchi recipes!
- 2 Ingredient Fluffy Vegan Gnocchi
- One Pot Gnocchi Bake with Tomato & Mozzarella
- Creamy Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Summer Gnocchi Skillet
- Herbed Ricotta Gnocchi with Mushrooms
- Cheesy Baked Gnocchi with Kale & Brussels Sprouts
Salmon Gnocchi Bake with Spinach
- 1 200g tin Salmon drained
- 200 g Baby Leaf Spinach
- 200 g Mascarpone
- 2 Lemons zest and juice
- 75 g Dill finely chopped
- 500 g Gnocchi
- 75 g Parmesan grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°. Cook the gnocchi according to packet instructions.
- Heat the mascarpone in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the lemon juice and zest and dill. Season well with salt and pepper. Tip in the spinach and wilt into the sauce then add the salmon and remove from the heat.
- Add the gnocchi to a large bowl and pour over the sauce. Mix everything together then tip into a baking dish, sprinkle over the parmesan and bake for 10 minutes then serve.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!