This healthy tuna salad recipe with white beans and a lemony olive oil dressing is served over garlic toasts and makes an incredible quick lunch or easy dinner.
I am loving this easy tuna fish salad 🐟
This is one of my favourite dinners of late. It’s so super light and fresh…perfect for the late summer heatwave we’ve been having. I threw this together a few nights ago after a long day of work and then we had the leftovers for lunches.
The salad itself also goes well in sandwiches or you could serve it over a bigger green salad for a really healthy lunch or dinner. I do love it with those crunchy and crispy garlic toasts though.
I love how quick and easy this is, it’s got so much flavour and uses some of my favourite ingredients. I’ve been really feeling the tuna recently whether it’s in a 15 minute tuna pasta or a summery tuna pasta salad, I’ve been rediscovering all the tuna classics and I’ve been loving it!
Why we love this simple tuna salad…
It’s so easy and simple to make. It’s literally a case of throwing everything in a bowl and grilling the bread then you can serve.
This recipe keeps well in the fridge so it’s perfect for making at the beginning of the week and keeping in the fridge for easy lunches or dinners.
It’s gluten free and you can serve it with an appropriate side or just make the garlic toasts with gluten free bread.
You can add any ingredients you like to this salad so if you’ve got any veg that needs using up feel free to chuck it in.
Easy tuna salad ingredients
White Beans: I went with a mixture of cannellini and butter beans but you could use whatever you like or have on hand
Red Onion: Thinly sliced
Lemon and Olive Oil: Makes up the dressing for this salad
Fresh Dill: For that light and fresh herby flavour, switch for parsley if you’re not a fan of dill
Tuna: I use tinned tuna, make sure you get some that’s ethically sourced
Rocket: For that healthy bit of green
Fresh Bread: I like a french baguette for this but ciabatta would also work
Garlic: To make the garlic toasts
Products from Amazon.co.uk
How to make tuna salad
Marinate the beans: Put the beans, red onion, lemon juice, oil, dill and seasoning in a bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
Make the garlic toasts: Brush the bread slices with olive oil, toast on the griddle then rub with garlic cloves.
Finish the salad: Add the tuna and rocket to the beans and mix then serve with the toasts.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £16.25
- H&S® Manual Lemon Squeezer - Heavy Duty - Juice Extractor Single Press Hand Lime Citrus Fruit JuicerPrice: £9.99Was: £29.99
- Price: £4.50
Expert tips for making this tuna salad
This salad will last in the fridge for up to 4 days.
It’s really customisable so add any extra vegetables you like, some roasted asparagus would be amazing in here.
If you’re using this for lunch the next day it’s delicious served in a sandwich with a smear of mayonnaise.
Want more? Try these other salad recipes!
- Sliced Tomatoes Salad with Basil, Garlic & Olive Oil
- Roast Vegetable Salad with Halloumi
- Sage Pesto Farro Salad
- Cobb Salad with Pasta & Roasted Chickpeas
- Strawberry Salad
- Healthy Potato Salad with Greek Yoghurt
- Salmon Salad with Watercress & Edamame
Tuna Salad with Garlic Toasts
- 1 400g tin Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 400g tin Butter Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Red Onion finely sliced
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Small bunch Fresh Dill finely chopped
- 1 small loaf French Bread cut into thick slices
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled
- 2 200g tins Tuna drained
- 70 g Rocket
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the beans in a large bowl with the red onion and add the lemon juice, oil, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- While the beans sit brush the bread slices with olive oil and toast on a griddle until char marks appear. Put on a plate and rub with garlic cloves.
- Add the tuna and rocket to the beans and toss then serve with the garlic bread.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!