Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This healthy salmon salad recipe is loaded with watercress, edamame and avocado and drizzled with a honey garlic dressing. It’s such a fresh and easy meal!
This salad needs to be on your summer menu 😎
I am obsessed with everything about this salad. It’s got the most delicious base of watercress, edamame, avocado and cucumber…all that delicious green goodness.
Then on top of that I added some fried salmon fillets with crispy skin and some of my favourite pink pickled onions (you can find the recipe for them in this post for salmon tacos).
The whole thing is drizzled with a honey garlic dressing with plenty of soy and sesame oil for that Asian twist. It’s honestly one of the most delicious salads. And I have an extremely high bar when it comes to salad.
Why we love this salmon salad:
- It’s so healthy since it’s bursting with green goodness like watercress, avocado and edamame
- This salad is great for meal prep and tastes amazing served cold for lunches during the week
- It’s easily customisable and you can add whatever vegetables you like to the final dish
- It’s also gluten free which makes it great for serving to anyone with dietary restrictions
Salmon Salad Ingredients:
- Salmon: I used salmon fillets seasoned well and fried
- Watercress: Or you could use another leafy green if you prefer
- Coriander: This adds a delicious herby flavour but you can totally leave it off if you’re a coriander hater
- Edamame: I buy bags of frozen edamame beans and defrost them in the microwave when I need them
- Cucumber: This adds such a light freshness
- Pink Pickled Onions: Use leftovers in this spicy tofu sandwich
- Dressing: This dressing is made from garlic, honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and vegetable oil
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £9.48
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: £3.85Was: £9.90
Salmon Salad Instructions:
- Fry the salmon: Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and fry in a little oil in a hot pan until the skin is crispy and fish is flakey.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Make the salad: Toss together all the salad ingredients, drizzle with the dressing and serve topped with the salmon.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £24.85
- Price: £4.80Was: £9.75
Expert tips for making salmon salad:
- This salad comes together so quickly but if you want to prep it ahead of time you can cook the salmon and toss the salad ingredients together then keep everything in the fridge and add the dressing before serving
- If you’re adding the avocado ahead of time I’d recommend drizzling with lemon or lime juice to stop it turning brown
- If you don’t fancy salmon this salad would also be delicious with chicken, halloumi or even another fish
Want more? Try these other salmon recipes!
- Baked Salmon with Spicy Garlic Kale
- 15 Minute Spicy Salmon Linguine
- Beet Cured Salmon
- Salmon Pasta with Broccoli
- Salmon Caprese
- Oven Cooked Salmon with Tomato & Garlic Sauce
Salmon Salad with Watercress & Edamame
For the Salmon
- 4 fillets Salmon skin on
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
For the Salad
- 200 g Watercress
- 50 g Coriander
- 200 g Edamame cooked
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Pickled Red Onions to serve
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper, heat the olive oil over a high heat in a frying pan and fry the salmon skin side down for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook for another minute.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Toss together the watercress, coriander, edamame, cucumber and avocado. Split between plates (or serve on a large platter) and top with the salmon and some pickled onions. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!