This Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper One Pot Pasta comes together in 20 minutes and is full of comforting cream cheese and the smoky flavour of roasted red peppers.
Ahh one pot pastas. What an excellent invention. As much as I love cooking there are some evenings when I just feel like I have so much to do and not enough time to do it. It’s those evenings when I need something for dinner which takes less than half an hour to come together. Obviously it still needs to be delicious and if it’s blog worthy then even better!
You need roasted peppers for this recipe. I roasted some before I made this which does add a bit of time to the recipe but you could easily use jarred ones. Throw them in a pot with the pasta, some onion, garlic, chicken stock and chopped tomatoes and let it simmer away for 12 minutes. Stir in some cream cheese and a little double cream and you’ll have a gorgeous creamy cheesy sauce. Make sure you top the whole thing with lots of black pepper (and I mean lots) and plenty of chopped fresh basil. Heaven!
Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper One Pot Pasta
- 500 g Pasta I used penne
- 1 litre of Chicken Stock
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Jar Roasted Red Peppers chopped
- 1 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Dried Italian Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 200 g Cream Cheese
- 50 ml Double Cream
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves sliced
- Place the pasta, chicken stock, garlic, onion, roasted pepper, tomatoes, mixed herbs and chilli flakes in a large pot over a medium heat. Stir everything together and make sure the pasta is covered by the liquid.
- Cover the pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking then take the pot off the heat and stir through the cream cheese and double cream.
- Season with black pepper and top with fresh basil to serve.
Wondering what to do with the leftover ingredients you’ve got from making this recipe?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
If you’ve got any peppers left over you could serve them as part of these Turkish Kofte Bowls or as part of this Cauliflower, Roasted Pepper and Chickpea Salad. Extra basil works perfectly over any other pasta dish like this Perfect Weeknight Spaghetti Bolognese or how about whipping up a quick pesto and using it for this White Bean Stew With Pesto?