This tasty oven baked cod with tomatoes and potatoes is a healthy sheet pan dinner that’s so easy to make! It’s also gluten free and is ready in less than an hour.
You need this sheet pan dinner in your life!
I love a one pot dinner. It makes cleaning up so much quicker and on a weeknight there’s nothing I want more than extremely quick clean up.
And a delicious dinner of course. This recipe ticks both boxes because it’s so tasty and filling!
Potatoes, tomatoes and chickpeas are roasted together on a baking sheet with pieces of cod (or you could use another fish if you prefer) until everything is perfectly cooked then olives are scattered over the top with some chopped parsley before serving.
You really don’t need anything else except maybe a few slices of crusty bread. We served it with ciabatta rolls and it was such a tasty weeknight dinner!
Why we love this baked cod recipe…
This is such a quick and easy recipe which barely involves any prep before it’s in the oven and you can sit down with a glass of wine and wait for your delicious dinner to be ready.
It takes just one sheet pan to make this recipe which means less washing up.
You can add any thing you like to this sheet pan including extra veggies or different herbs to make this exactly how you like it.
This is also a pretty healthy meal which you can feel good about eating on a weeknight as it’ll give you plenty of vitamins and minerals.
Sheet Pan Cod Ingredients
Baby Potatoes: Quartered and roasted until crispy.
Cherry Tomatoes: I like to roast them on the vine.
Thyme Sprigs: Scattered over the vegetables before roasting.
Cod Fillets: Or you could switch for another fish of your choice. Salmon or haddock would work well.
Chickpeas: Drained and rinsed.
Green Olives: Added to the pan just before serving.
Smoked Paprika: Adds a delicious smokiness to the dish.
How to make this cod traybake
Roast the vegetables: Toss the potatoes, cherry tomatoes and thyme with the olive oil on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Add the cod: Toss the chickpeas with smoked paprika then add to the tray with the cod and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
Serve: Serve with lemon wedges.
Want more? Try these other fish recipes!
- Smoked Salmon Pasta with Asparagus
- Honey Soy Salmon with Noodles & Pickled Cucumber
- Prawn Sandwich with Melty Cheese & Tomatoes
- Tuna Burgers with Smoked Paprika Mayo
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Prawns
- Tuna Salad with Garlic Toasts
- Easy Broiled Salmon
Baked Cod with Potatoes & Chickpeas
- 600 g Baby Potatoes quartered
- 225 g Cherry Tomatoes on the vine
- 3 Thyme Sprigs
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cod Fillets
- 30 g Green Olives
- 1 400g tin Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Wedges to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Put the potatoes, cherry tomatoes, thyme and olive oil on a baking sheet and toss with salt and pepper and 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika. Put in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Toss the chickpeas with the smoked paprika then add to the tray, mix together and then nestle the cod in with the vegetables. Put back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Scatter the olives over and serve with lemon wedges.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!