Oven baked honey soy salmon is served over noodles with a side of pickled cucumber for a healthy and easy dinner. This glazed salmon also works perfectly cold for lunch the next day!
Take a little break from heavy winter food with this light and fresh salmon dish 🐟
I know this time of year is all about indulging in plenty of comfort food and Christmassy goodness but already we're dreaming of taking a break from all the heaviness and eating something like this simple salmon recipe.
It's ridiculously easy to make which means that I can serve it up on a weeknight when I'm desperate for a quick meal that's healthy and tastes incredible but it's also fancy enough to serve at a dinner party and can easily be multiplied for bigger crowds.
Once you've made it for dinner you can save the leftovers for lunch the next day as everything tastes great cold too. The pickled cucumber also makes a welcome addition with a hint of tangy sweetness.
Why we love this honey soy salmon...
It's a super easy recipe which comes together in no time. Once the salmon is marinated then popped in the oven everything else can happen while it cooks.
This recipe is also really healthy especially if you use wholewheat noodles so it's ideal for when you're after something a bit lighter.
It's great hot or cold which makes it a dream for meal prep. You can keep any leftovers to take for a desk lunch everyone will be jealous of the next day!
Honey Glazed Salmon Ingredients
Salmon Fillets: You can get these frozen pretty cheaply.
Salmon Marinade: This is a delicious combination of lime juice, honey, sriracha, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil and it gets all sticky and tasty when it's baked in the oven.
Noodles: We used wholewheat noodles which are really delicious and make everything even healthier but you could use whatever you like.
Noodle Dressing: Garlic, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce are tossed with the noodles straight after draining.
Sesame Seeds & Coriander: To serve.
[amazon_link asins='B00PHFWLVY,B004BTMYVO,B001FB6BA6,B008K0Y3FK' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='5f58f166-2a4b-42d8-8c87-e5959d47f76b']
How to make salmon noodles
Marinate the salmon: Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients and pour over the salmon fillets then leave to sit for 15 minutes.
Cook the salmon: Place the marinated salmon pieces on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 7-10 minutes until it flakes easily.
Pickle the cucumber: Thinly slice the cucumber and place in a colander sprinkled with salt, sit for 15 minutes. Mix the vinegar, sugar and coriander seeds and toss with the cucumber.
Make the noodles: Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions then toss with the dressing and served topped with the salmon.
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
[amazon_link asins='B00SHJN61Q,B008DW4X7I,B00004OCNS,B00537P8DO' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='5eac99ed-a307-4aa7-9408-52c66559999e']
Want more? Try these other noodle recipes!
- Mushroom Miso Soup with Soba Noodles
- Coconut Noodle Soup with Mushroom & Edamame
- 15 Minute Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
- Spicy Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Leftover Turkey Soup with Noodles
- Traditional Vietnamese Chicken Pho
Honey Soy Salmon with Noodles & Pickled Cucumber
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 3 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon Water
- 4 nests Noodles about 250-300g in total
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 Cucumber thinly sliced, I used a mandolin
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- Mix together all of the marinade ingredients and pour over the salmon. Leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200°C/400°F. Put salmon on foil lined sheet and cook for 7-10 minutes until it flakes easily.
- Place the thinly sliced cucumber in a colander and toss with the salt. Leave to drain for 15 minutes then squeeze out any extra liquid. Whisk together the vinegar, sugar and coriander seeds then mix with the cucumber.
- Whisk together noodle dressing ingredients. Cook noodles according to packet instructions then drain and toss with the dressing. Serve topped with the salmon and pickled cucumber.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!