This five ingredient garlic mushroom pasta is the ultimate simple weeknight dinner. With just pasta, garlic, butter, mushrooms and parmesan you can have dinner on the table in minutes!
This is everything I want when I have to make dinner after a long day at work. It’s comforting but takes just minutes to prepare and has all the simple flavours that you need when you’re tired and cranky.
I’m trying to make sure that I’m continually updating my collection of quick and easy recipes for you guys.
I don’t talk about my life outside of this blog all that much but I work full time at a publishing house in central London.Outside of that I spend pretty much all of the rest of my time working on the blog which is my favourite thing to do.
After all that I still have to fit in cooking delicious dinners (although Will does do a fair amount of cooking because he’s the best) and that means that the recipes on this blog are the ones that fit best around a busy life.
Tried and tested to be made when you need dinner fast.
But really it feels like there is nothing more perfect that this mushroom pasta when you need a quick meal.
Especially as there is a lot of garlic involved which is guaranteed to dramatically improve every dinner.
Why we love this mushroom pasta:
- It’s a great recipe for when the cupboards are bare as it uses just five ingredients
- It’s so easy to make and takes just 20 minutes from start to finish
- It’s also vegetarian which makes it great for a weeknight when we’re avoiding meat
- It also makes a great versatile base recipe which you can add other vegetables to if you like
Five Ingredient Garlic Mushroom Pasta Ingredients:
- Pasta – I used fusilli which is my go to type of pasta and the one I always have on hand. I buy massive 3 kilo bags of it and they last us a couple of months
- Garlic – 6…7…8 cloves…the more the better to be honest. I put 6 in the recipe but this is garlic mushroom pasta so you can’t really have too much
- Butter – Again, don’t go easy here. The butter is what creates the sauce for the pasta so you need plenty…trust me, it’s worth it
- Mushooms – I used regular white mushrooms thinly sliced but chestnut mushrooms would also work well. Use up leftover in this creamy mushrooms with polenta or this vegetarian shepherd’s pie
- Parmesan – Plenty of parmesan is key to any pasta dish
How do you make mushroom pasta?
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the garlic, fry for a minute then add the mushrooms and cook until soft and browned.
- Add the pasta and parmesan to the pan and toss.
- Serve with parsley.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £8.99Was: £9.95
- Price: £15.00Was: £24.00
- Price: £12.00Was: £16.00
- Price: £10.99Was: £14.00
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe…
What mushroom to use for pasta?
I normally use white mushrooms for this mushroom pasta because they’re cheaper and easy to get hold of but there’s plenty of other options. Chestnut mushrooms have a lovely flavour and portobello mushrooms would also work well.
How to make mushroom pasta with chicken?
If you’re missing the meat then you could easily add chicken to this recipe. Either cut up a couple of boneless skinless chicken thighs into bitesized chunks and fry with the mushrooms or stir through some cooked shredded chicken before serving.
Whenever I make this easy mushroom pasta I’m reminded of the beauty of truly simple food. Food that takes minutes to prepare, uses classic ingredients and comforts you when you really need it.
Whatever type of mushrooms or pasta or cheese you decide to use it’s the simplicity of this pasta with mushrooms recipe which makes it amazing so just use whatever you have on hand!
Expert tips for making this garlic mushroom pasta:
- If you want to make this mushroom pasta vegan then simply switch the butter for olive oil and leave off the parmesan cheese
- For a gluten free version then use gluten free pasta
Try all my other 20 minute dinner recipes!
Want more? Try these other five ingredient recipes!
- Five Ingredient Chicken Piccata
- Five Ingredient Paneer Tikka Masala
- Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- Five Ingredients Beef Ragu with Creamy Polenta
Five Ingredient Garlic Mushroom Pasta
- 400 g Pasta
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 200 g Mushrooms sliced
- 30 g Parmesan Cheese grated
- Parsley chopped, to serve
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to packet instructions.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for a minute then add the mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes until softened and browned.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss with the garlic butter and mushrooms. Add the parmesan and toss again.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
If you like the look of this recipe, make sure you pin it for later!