This cold orzo pasta salad with salmon is an incredible summer dish. It’s an easy and healthy lunch or dinner with a light lemony dressing.
I think orzo might be my favourite type of pasta.
I know that sounds extreme but it’s the perfect addition to salads like this. It’s light enough for the salad to still feel like a salad but it adds that carbyness that I need to still feel full and satisfied.
In this salad I went pretty light on the orzo and bulked it out with plenty of peppery rocket (arugula) which makes it perfect for a light summer dinner.
This whole recipe needs just 6 ingredients which makes your weeknight cooking or lunchtime meal prep a complete dream and even better, they’re all store cupboard ingredients apart from the rocket so you can keep them all on hand.
Why we love this orzo pasta salad with salmon
This recipe takes just 15 minutes and 6 ingredients to put together so it’s ideal for a simple summer dinner
It’s so easy to make this recipe and as long as you can boil pasta you can make this salad
You can also use tinned salmon to make it which means you can keep the ingredients on hand whenever you need them
It’s also dairy free and easy to make gluten free so it’s great for serving up to all the family
Orzo Pasta Salad with Salmon Ingredients
Salmon: For this recipe I went with tinned skinless and boneless salmon but you could also cook a salmon fillet or two and use them or this recipe is great for using up any leftover salmon
Lemon: You need the juice and zest for this super lemony salad
Chilli Flakes: You can use as much or as little as you like but I think they add a lovely little hit of spice
Orzo: Cooked according to packet instructions, I like to run it under cold water until it’s cooled and they you can use it straight away
Rocket: Adds a delicious pepperiness to the whole salad
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £4.85Was: £6.55
- Price: £7.96
How to make orzo pasta salad with salmon
- Cook the orzo: In boiling water according to packet instructions
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the lemon juice and zest, chilli flakes and olive oil then season well
- Finish the salad: Toss the orzo with the salmon, rocket and dressing then serve
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £17.95
- Price: £13.29Was: £17.95
- H&S® Manual Lemon Squeezer - Heavy Duty - Juice Extractor Single Press Hand Lime Citrus Fruit JuicerPrice: £9.99Was: £29.99
- Price: £5.20Was: £6.99
Expert tips for making this orzo pasta salad
Once the orzo is cooked run it under cold water until it’s cooled then you can toss it with the rest of the ingredients to make the salad
To make this recipe gluten free simply switch the orzo for your favourite gluten free orzo or another cut of pasta
If you want to add extra vegetables to this salad then there’s plenty that will work. Grilled asparagus or spinach would be delicious
Want more? Try these other pasta salad recipes!
- Cowboy Macaroni Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad with Feta & Pine Nuts
- Lemon Basil Orzo & Vegetables
- Smoked Mackerel Pasta Salad with Asparagus
- Cold Peanut Noodle Salad
- Simple Pasta Salad with Balsamic
Orzo Pasta Salad with Salmon
- 200 g Salmon skinless and boneless
- 1 Lemon juice and zest
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- 150 g Orzo
- 70 g Rocket
- Cook the orzo according to packet instructions. Run the orzo under cold water until cool.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, a pinch of chilli flakes and some salt and pepper.
- Flake the salmon. Toss with the orzo. Add the rocket and dressing and toss again. Serve.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!