This easy roasted tomato pasta salad is full of sweetness from the tomatoes and saltiness from the feta. It makes the perfect grab and go lunch or light dinner!
Can we start talking summer dinners yet?
I realise that it may seem a little early and there’s plenty of people still dealing with snow. Here we’re getting a lot of bright but cold days and oh man it is so windy.
But still I’m finding myself drawn to simple summery dinners like this pasta salad. I think it’s because I know that summer is just around the corner. The first couple of months of the year have flown by so I’m eager to get on the summer recipe train and start dreaming up what I’ll be eating when it finally warms up.
Of course the tomatoes at the moment are still tasteless and horrible but that’s where the roasting comes in. Slow roasting brings out the sweetness of the tomatoes perfectly and is my favourite way to enjoy tomatoes in the cold months.
So this whole pasta salad is so simple to make. The only thing that takes time is roasting the tomatoes, if you want them to be ready in less time then you can definitely turn the heat up but I like the low and slow method when I have time as I think it makes the tomatoes extra sweet and tasty.
Once the tomatoes are in the oven you just need to cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
Once everything is cooked then toss all the ingredients together, drizzle with plenty of olive oil and then you’re ready to serve.
Why we love this easy roasted tomato pasta salad:
- Well, the clue is in the title, but it is so easy to make this pasta salad. There’s minimal chopping, barely even any cooking and as long as you can turn an oven on and boil some pasta you’re well on your way to making this salad
- It’s full of flavour even though it only uses a handful of ingredients thanks to the lemon juice, garlic and sweetly roasted tomatoes
- It’s vegetarian and so easy to make vegan by simply leaving out the feta so everyone can enjoy it!
Easy Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- Cherry Tomatoes: The roasting means that even tasteless winter tomatoes can be delicious in this pasta salad
- Olive Oil: I love to drizzle plenty over just before serving
- Pasta: Go for whatever short cut you like, I like fusilli
- Lemon: The juice adds so much flavour to the pasta salad
- Garlic: I go for one clove, it goes in raw so tread lightly here
- Fresh Basil: As if you could have a tomato pasta salad without basil
- Rocket (Arugula): For that peppery flavour
- Feta: This is crumbled through just before serving for that yummy saltiness
Easy Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad Instructions:
- Roast the tomatoes: Halve the tomatoes, spread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper then roast for an hour.
- Cook the pasta: Boil the pasta according to packet instructions then drain and run under cold water to refresh
- Make the pasta salad: Put the pasta, tomatoes and all the other ingredients into a large bowl and toss everything together.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £10.50Was: £14.00
- H&S® Manual Lemon Squeezer - Heavy Duty - Juice Extractor Single Press Hand Lime Citrus Fruit JuicerPrice: £9.99Was: £29.99
- Price: £8.49
Want more? Try these other pasta salad recipes!
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad with Basil Dressing
- Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad with Veggies
- Simple Pasta Salad with Balsamic
- Easy Tuna Pasta Salad
- Greek Orzo Salad with Lemon Dressing
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS EASY ROASTED TOMATO PASTA SALAD?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Add leftover basil into the sauce for this tomato pasta
Leftover feta is perfect on these beetroot burgers
Easy Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad
- 500 g Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- 350 g Pasta
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 cloves Garlic crushed
- 10 g Fresh Basil
- 70 g Rocket
- 100 g Feta Cheese crumbled
- Heat the oven to 150°C/300°F. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and spread on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season well then place in the oven and roast for an hour.
- While the tomatoes are roasting cook the pasta according to packet instructions and refresh under cold water.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and pour over a tablespoon of olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and the tomatoes. Toss then add the feta and toss again. Serve hot or cold.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!