This oven roasted broccoli is tossed with canned beans and a garlic miso dressing before baking then served over crunchy toast with a runny poached egg for a quick and easy vegetarian lunch.
The easiest of recipes today.
Things on toast are a very important go to when you need a quick lunch or dinner. And I feel like lots of us are in need of just that at the moment.
Especially if you’re busy entertaining kids or trying to get used to working from home or just don’t have enough brain space to think about making an elaborate dinner.
There’s barely any effort involved with making this recipe. Simply chop a head of broccoli, drain a tin of beans and toss them in miso paste before roasting. Then toast a few slices of bread, poach some eggs and you’re ready to eat.
Why we love these roasted broccoli & bean toasts…
They’re so super easy to make which makes them great for a quick lunch or dinner. It’s simply a case of roasting your broccoli and beans, toasting bread and poaching a couple of eggs and you’re done!
This is also a healthy recipe which is packed with goodness thanks to the broccoli and beans.
You can add whatever you like to these toasts including extra veggies or a different bean or legume like chickpeas or white beans.
This recipe is also vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by leaving out the egg!
Miso Broccoli Toasts Ingredients
Marinade: I used a simple combination of olive oil, crushed garlic, white miso and chilli flakes to toss the broccoli and beans in before roasting to give them loads of umami flavour.
Broccoli: I used fresh broccoli cut into florets but you could also use pre-chopped or frozen.
Beans: I used tinned pinto beans because that’s what I had on hand but this would work great with white beans or chickpeas too.
Eggs: Poached to your liking.
How to make roasted beans and broccoli on toast
Roast the broccoli: Toss the broccoli and beans in the oil, garlic, miso and chilli flakes then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
Toast the bread: Toast the bread until crispy and poach the eggs to your liking.
Serve: Top the toast with the broccoli and bean mixture then add the poached eggs and serve.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Want more? Try these other vegetarian recipes?
- Stir Fried Aubergine with Chilli
- Tomato and Mozzarella Toasts
- Orzo Risotto with Tomato and Mascarpone
- Veggie Nachos with Black Beans
- Potato Curry with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- One Pan Orecchiette Pasta
Miso Roasted Broccoli & Bean Toasts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp White Miso
- Pinch Chilli Flakes
- 1 head Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 400g tin Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 2-4 slices Crusty Bread toasted
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Mix the olive oil, garlic, miso and chilli flakes in a bowl then add the broccoli and beans and toss to coat in the mixture. Season well.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until they begin to brown and char. While they're roasting toast the bread and poach the eggs to your liking.
- Take the broccoli out the oven and squeeze over the lemon. Serve topped with a poached egg and a side of toast if desired.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!