Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
This winter spiced apple cocktail with rum is made with cinnamon and cloves. It’s the perfect easy winter warmer and makes the ideal Christmas drink.
Spiced apple just screams Christmas to me, it’s so comforting and full of all the spiced flavours of winter.
Growing up my parents owned a gift shop and they’d serve spiced apple juice to customers over the Christmas season. When I was a kid I’d help out in the shop at weekends and handing out the apple juice was one of my jobs.
Also drinking a lot of the spiced apple juice myself obviously.
Even after the shop closed I would demand spiced apple juice every Christmas, it’s the most comforting drink and it makes me feel so so excited for the festive season.
Over the years I’ve developed my version of spiced apple juice which I serve every Christmas at basically any and all celebrations. Obviously I’ve now added booze because I like to bring the party!
The dark rum works perfectly with the apple juice and all the spices to make a warming winter drink.
Warm drinks with alcohol are the thing I drink all winter long and it’s probably in my top five things about Christmas so I’m so excited to finally add my own recipe to the blog!
Spiced apple cocktail with rum ingredients:
To make this warm apple cocktail simply:
- Apple Juice: I just use a basic apple juice for this but feel free to get something fancier if you prefer.
- Cinnamon Stick and Cloves: Pretty much the quintessential Christmas spices right? They work soooo well with the apple flavour.
- Lemon Peel: For a hint of citrus.
- Dark Rum: Again I don’t really worry too much about getting a fancy rum for this, there’s plenty of other flavour in here so just go for the one that you have on hand.
- Apple: For garnish.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
How to make winter spiced apple cocktail with rum:
This cocktail is so super easy, all you need to do is:
- Heat the apple juice: Pour into a saucepan and add the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and cloves then gently heat.
- Add the rum: Pour in the rum and stir gently. Don’t allow to boil as you don’t want to burn off the alcohol.
- Serve: Ladle into glasses and serve with a slice of apple.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £9.46Was: £9.99
- Price: £8.99Was: £9.95
Winter Spiced Apple Cocktail with Rum Variations:
- Use a different alcohol: If you’re not a big fan of rum you can still totally make this cocktail, just try using gin or vodka instead!
- Add more or different spices: You could try adding nutmeg or star anise for a bit of a different flavour!
- Use some other fruit: Add a handful of cranberries to garnish or a squeeze of orange juice while it’s heating.
Is rum a strong alcohol?
Most rum is around 35-40% alcohol so it’s enough to warm you up on a cold night!
I hope you enjoy this warming winter cocktail! It’s one of my favourite things to drink this season and I make it pretty much every weekend all winter long.
It’s especially good to make for friends, I love having it ready to go when people come over for dinner. Not only does it taste amazing but it also makes your house smell so yummy I love it!
Want more? Try these other Christmas recipes!
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Chipotle Cheese Twists
- Christmas Punch
- Leftover Turkey Soup with Noodles
- Snowman Oreo Truffles
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THIS WINTER SPICED APPLE COCKTAIL WITH RUM?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Use your leftover cinnamon sticks in this turkey pilaf!
Add a sprinkling of cloves to this biryani to give an amazing flavour!
Winter Spiced Apple Cocktail with Rum
- 1 litre Apple Juice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Lemon peelings cut into strips
- 1 Apple cut into wedges
- 100 ml Dark Rum
- Pour the apple juice into a saucepan and place over a low heat. Add the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and cloves and gently heat.
- Add the rum and stir, don't allow it to boil. Ladle into glasses and add apple wedges to serve.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!