Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
These chipotle cheese twists make the perfect easy Christmas party snack! All you need is some shop bought puff pastry, cheddar and chipotle paste.
Ok, who’s as obsessed with cheese twists as I am?
I’ve been supremely into cheese twists as a party snack for as long as I can remember. They’re the thing I’d always grab from the supermarket when I needed something for a party.
They’re the far superior option to a breadstick because of the addition of cheese and pastry and crunchy deliciousness.
The other amazing thing about cheese twists? They are a guaranteed hit with pretty much every guest. I mean, who wouldn’t like crunchy cheese treats?
I’ve been wanting to make cheese twists for the blog for what seems like forever but I didn’t just want to do a boring old classic cheese twist.
Not that there’s really anything wrong with a classic cheese twist, just that I wanted to try making something a bit different.
I brainstormed a couple of ideas but chipotle cheddar stuck out to me as one of my all time favourite combinations. I’ve used it in a soup (this chipotle cheddar spicy sweet potato soup) and it’s just one of those perfect mixtures of salty and spicy and cheesy.
Chipotle Cheese Twists Ingredients:
To make these chipotle cheese twists you just need a handful of ingredients:
- Puff Pastry: Don’t be a hero, use the shop bought stuff. Pastry is one of the things I strongly believe should be bought ready made. Not because it doesn’t taste good homemade but because store bought tastes just as good and we all have better things to be doing, right?
- Cheddar Cheese: Or you could try a different cheese if you have something else on hand, gruyere or parmesan would be delicious.
- Chipotle Paste: We always have chipotle paste on hand, I add it to chillies and pizza and all kinds of other things and it makes the perfect addition to these cheese twists.
How do you make cheese twists?
It’s so easy to make these chipotle cheese twists, simply:
- Roll out the puff pastry: Spread half of it with chipotle paste and then add the grated cheese and fold in half.
- Roll to a quarter inch thickness: Slice using a pizza cutter into thin strips and twist before placing on a lined baking sheet.
- Brush with egg: Place the twists in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £6.99Was: £9.45
- Price: £9.22
- Price: £4.00
- Price: £14.99Was: £16.00
Chipotle Cheese Twists Variations
You can easily try a different version of these cheese twists:
- Use a different flavour: If you don’t want the spicy flavour then you could try a different filling. Pesto would be delicious or even harissa or roasted red pepper paste.
- Add a different cheese: I love the cheddar flavour in here but they’d be fab with pretty much any hard cheese because all cheese is delicious and that’s a fact.
- Serve with something yummy: I love these cheese twists with a sour cream and chive dip, it’s the perfect cooling flavour for these spicy cheese twists.
How long will homemade cheese twists keep?
These cheese twists will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Can you freeze cheese twists?
If you want to freeze these cheese twists let them cool then put them in a container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly before serving.
Want more? Try these other cheesy recipes!
- Hot and Cheesy Pizza Dip
- One Pot Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake
- Garlic Parmesan Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Four Cheese Butternut Squash Lasagne with Spinach
- Baked Brie with Sweet Pepper Jelly
- Cheese and Tomato Baked Gnocchi
WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS YOU’VE GOT FROM MAKING THESE CHIPOTLE CHEESE TWISTS?
If you’re anything like me then you’re always looking for ways to save money and avoid food waste so I want to make sure you’ve get plenty of ideas on how to use up any ingredients that are leftover from my recipes!
Mix cheddar into the eggs for these yummy breakfast tacos!
Smother chicken thighs with leftover chipotle paste for this delicious salad
Chipotle Cheese Twists
- 350 g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 100 g Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Chipotle Paste
- Flour for dusting
- 1 Egg beaten
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Unroll puff pastry on a floured surface and spread the chipotle paste over one half of the pastry. Spread the grated cheddar over the paste and then fold the sheet of puff pastry in half.
- Roll the folded sheet of pastry out to 1/4 inch thickness then slice into strips using a pizza cutter or knife. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper then hold both ends of each strip and twist several times before carefully laying on the baking sheet.
- Once all of the strips have been twisted whisk the egg and brush each twist with the beaten egg. Place in the oven and cook for 12- 15 minutes checking occasionally to make sure they aren't burning.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!