This fried halloumi dish is a perfect combination of salty cheese, burst cherry tomatoes and creamy white beans. Serve with crusty bread for a simple dinner.
Let's say goodbye to summer in the best way possible ☀️
It's been too long since I shared a halloumi recipe. This one is so so delicious and, even better, it's just so easy.
We've got some burst cherry tomatoes cooked with chilli for a little heat then the halloumi is fried and tossed with the tomatoes.
I finish everything with white beans, nigella seeds, red onion and fresh mint. It's so simple but everything works together perfectly.
Why we love this recipe...
It's an easy vegetarian main course which is packed with healthy ingredients and fresh flavours.
This would make a great quick and easy dinner but would also work perfectly for a simple lunch.
It's really customisable depending on your preferences and what you have on hand.
It also makes great leftovers which last a couple of days in the fridge.
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
Halloumi: I like to cube the halloumi for maximum crispy browned edges
Cherry Tomatoes: These are halved and cooked in a pan until saucey
Chilli: Adjust the amount of chilli depending on your spice preferences
Nigella Seeds: I love sprinkling these on top of pretty much anything - they're pretty and add a herby, slightly oniony flavour. Switch for sesame seeds if you prefer
White Beans: I added haricot beans but you could use any that you like
Red Onion: Keep this raw for a bit of bite and freshness
Mint: I love the freshness this adds to the dish but you could use pretty much any soft herb
How to make it
Fry the tomatoes: Put olive oil and tomatoes in a frying pan over a medium high heat with the chilli and cook until the tomatoes collapse.
Cook the halloumi: Fry the halloumi in the rest of the olive oil until browned on all sides.
Make the dish: Put the halloumi, tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and toss together.
Try these other halloumi recipes...
- Halloumi Breakfast Bowl with Salad
- Breakfast Muffin with Halloumi & Avocado Salsa
- Halloumi & Potato Cake with Fried Eggs
- Smoky Aubergine & Halloumi Bowls
- Roast Vegetable Salad with Halloumi
- Eggplant and Halloumi Burger
Fried Halloumi & Tomatoes with White Beans
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 400 g Halloumi cut into cubes
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Chilli deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Nigella Seeds
- 1 400g tin White Beans
- ½ Red Onion thinly sliced
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 20 g Mint chopped
- In a frying pan heat half the oil over a medium high heat and add the tomatoes and chilli. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the tomatoes have released their juices.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl and wipe out the pan. Heat the rest of the oil and fry the halloumi in batches until browned. Put in the bowl with the tomatoes along with the nigella seeds, white beans, onion, quartered fresh tomatoes and mint. Season to taste and tip onto a serving dish.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!