These spicy meatballs are tossed in harissa sauce before baking with potatoes and peppers. Serve everything with hummus and feta yoghurt for a tasty and healthy dinner!
These meatballs are so delicious 😍
There are so many things I love about this meal. First off, you can use any type of meatballs in this recipe – I used some ready made vegetarian meatballs that I had in the freezer – but you could, of course, use actual meaty ones if you prefer.
I also like to cook this recipe all together on one baking sheet which makes it super easy to throw together on a weeknight.
The meatballs are tossed in harissa and oil before cooking so that they’re a bit spicy and super flavourful. Along with the meatballs, there’s potatoes, peppers and a delicious feta yoghurt, delicious!
Why we love these spicy meatballs…
This is a recipe that can be made with meat or easily be made vegetarian or vegan by using veggie meatballs and leaving out the feta yoghurt if necessary.
It’s such a simple recipe to throw together. You can cook the potatoes, peppers and meatballs all together on one pan and then serve up bowls with your hummus and feta.
You can add whatever veggies you like to this dish. I use potatoes and peppers but really anything would work so just add whatever you’ve got in the fridge.
This is a great meal prep recipe as you can cook everything in one go and then build some yummy bowls with the hummus and olives ready for a couple of lunches.
Spicy Harissa Meatballs and Potatoes Ingredients
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
Meatballs: I used some frozen veggie meatballs for this but you can use anything you like from veggie, vegan or meat options. Or homemade!
Vegetables: I like to add sliced peppers and potatoes chopped into small cubes to cook alongside the meatballs.
Harissa Paste: You should be able to find this in your local supermarket or you could use a different chilli paste if you prefer.
Feta Sauce: This is just a mixture of Greek yoghurt and feta blitzed together in a blender.
Hummus and Olives: I love serving this with some hummus and olives although it’s not strictly necessary!
How to make spicy veggie meatballs
Bake the veggies and meatballs: Put the potatoes and peppers on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put in the oven for 20 minutes. In the meantime mix the meatballs with harissa and olive oil then add to the tray and bake for another 20 minutes.
Make the feta yoghurt: Put the feta and yoghurt into a food processor and mix until blended.
Serve: Put hummus in the bottom of two bowls and top with the potatoes, meatballs and peppers. Add the feta yoghurt and olives if using.
Want more? Try these other harissa recipes!
- Spicy Pasta with Harissa & Aubergine
- Harissa Prawns with Smashed Potatoes & Asparagus
- Harissa Roasted Salmon with Potatoes
- Harissa Chickpea Stew with Aubergine
- Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken & Potatoes
- Harissa Butternut Squash with Feta Salsa
Spicy Meatballs with Potatoes & Feta
- 280 g Meatballs vegetarian or meat
- 2 Peppers red and yellow sliced
- 2 Potatoes cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp Harissa Paste
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 100 g Feta
- 80 g Greek Yoghurt
- Hummus and Olives to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Put the peppers and potatoes on half a baking tray and drizzle with plenty of olive oil, sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper and use your hands to toss and make sure everything is coated in oil. Put in the oven for 20 minutes. Put the meatballs in a bowl with the harissa paste and a good drizzle of olive oil, toss to coat. Add the meatballs to the other half of the pan. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- While everything cooks put the feta and yoghurt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Use a knife to check the potatoes are cooked through. When everything is ready put a dollop of hummus in the bottom of a bowl, top with some of the meatballs, peppers and potatoes. Add some olives if using and drizzle everything with the feta sauce.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!