This oven roasted salmon is cooked with a spicy harissa sauce and lemon wedges then served with fresh dill and potatoes for a simple and easy dinner.
Spicy harissa salmon and potatoes is all I need 😋
Spicy harissa sauce with salmon is my new favourite combination. The flavour works so well and it’s such a quick meal which is great for a weeknight.
I serve it with crispy roasted potatoes and plenty of salad leaves and it becomes a healthy dinner which is great for any time of year.
I use harissa in this recipe which is a North African spice paste made from roasted red peppers and plenty of spices and it’s one of my all time favourite ingredients. It’s great used for this harissa chicken or in this chickpea stew.
Why we love this harissa roasted salmon
It’s a healthy recipe which tastes great served with simple sides like roast or boiled potatoes, veggies or salad.
The whole meal takes less than 40 minutes to make and most of that is hands off time so you can get on with something else while you’re waiting for your dinner to cook.
You need just 8 ingredients for this dish which means that it’s such a good option for when you’re busy or in between shopping days.
This harissa salmon also tastes amazing served cold which makes it perfect for having as leftovers the next day for lunch
Spicy Salmon Ingredients
Olive Oil: Used in the sauce for the salmon to make it extra succulent while cooking
Harissa: This delicious spice paste is available in most supermarkets but I’ve linked to our favourite brand below if you can’t find it
Garlic: This goes into the salmon marinade too
Lemon: The perfect accompaniment to salmon
Salmon Fillets: We used skin on but you could also use skinless if you prefer, just make sure to get boneless
Baby Potatoes: These make perfect little roasted potatoes with the salmon but you could use chopped normal potatoes if you prefer
Dill: Another perfect salmon accompaniment, to serve
How to make harissa salmon
Prep the potatoes: Place a pan of olive oil in the oven then par boil the potatoes until a knife can be inserted easily.
Make the salmon marinade: Whisk together the olive oil, harissa, lemon juice and garlic, spread half in the bottom of a baking dish and top with the salmon fillets. Pour over the rest of the sauce and add the lemon slices.
Roast the potatoes: Drain them then place on the baking sheet with salt and pepper and put in the oven. After 15 minutes take out the salmon, cover with foil and cook the potatoes for another 15 minutes.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Want more? Try these other salmon recipes!
- Grilled Salmon in Foil
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Salmon
- Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze
- Salmon Gnocchi Bake with Spinach
- Easy Baked Salmon with Sriracha Lime Sauce
- Salmon Salad with Watercress & Edamame
Harissa Roasted Salmon with Potatoes
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 3 tbsp Harissa
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 Lemon 1/2 sliced and 1/2 juiced
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- Salt and Pepper
- 20 Baby Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Dill to serve
- Heat oven to 180°C/350°. Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a baking tray and place in the oven to get hot. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Par boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until you can put a knife in quite easily.
- Whisk 4 tbsp olive oil, harissa, lemon juice and garlic together and spread half on the bottom of a baking dish. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides then put in the baking dish skin side up (if it has skin).
- Pour over the remaining sauce and spread then top with the lemon slices and put in the oven. Drain the potatoes, get the tray of oil out the oven and spread the potatoes on it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and put in the oven.
- After 15 minutes take the salmon out of the oven and cover with foil. Turn the heat up to 225°C/440°F and cook the potatoes for another 15 minutes. Serve the salmon with the potatoes.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!